“Long term business stay”

Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Apex
Washington, United Kingdom
“Long term business stay”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Booked into this hotel with my husband on business. I stayed one week and he will be staying overall for nearly a month. Staff are very accommodating and pleasant. Laundry is free. The only downside which I found a little difficult to understand was that housekeeping is only once a week. If you ask for extras, i.e. bathroom toiletries they will give you more at reception. There is a wonderful patio/gazebo facility at the side of the building with a bbq and full gas supplied for you to cook your own meals. There is a shop with numerous items to either add to your bill or pay cash at reception or in the slot available. There is also a well equiped gym.

Room Tip: It does front onto a four lane highway, so a request for rooms at back could be better option.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KathyWFC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wilmington
Reviewed 4 March 2012

When I checked in, the clerk made it very clear that they didn't want us there. Apparently, they cater to long-term stays (no mention of that on their websites or materials), and were unhappy that I had booked only one night. The clerk then went to great lengths to explain that they are an extended stay facility and three times answered the phone and took reservations while I was waiting, and I had to ask him if we were finished. He waved me away and said, "We're good."
Apparently, we weren't "good," because the clerk never finished checking me in. I found this out the next day when I checked out, and they had no record of me being in the building. The AM clerk then took 20 minutes to check us in and then back out again, even though I told her I was going to be late for my appointment. She just kept saying "bear with me." I think I've bourne enough. Frankly, they should have comped the room since it was their mistake and because my stay was such a burden for them. I'll make sure not to darken their door again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Carkit
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
CarkIt,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance. Thank you.

Ben J
IHG Care
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I had to stay at this Hotel for a night due to my house getting something done to it and the Staff was EXCELLENT. They were SO friendly and accomidating. The manager Henry was such a swell guy and I would DEFINATELY go back and stay again or HIGHLY reccomend this place to out of town visitors.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Bob G
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The bed and room were comfortable and quite, the staff was eager to please. We had everything we needed!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnnaHansen
Holly Springs, NC
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My elderly parents live with us and sometimes my wife and I just need some time alone together. We decided to visit the Candlewood Suites in nearby Apex. It was great as we were able to bring drinks and snacks to keep in the refrigerator, watch DVDs and just unwind.

The hotel is like new, the staff was very friendly and helpful. We saw a lot of other happy guests that come for the week to work at local construction projects. Though we didn't need nor use them, the business services, workout room and other ammenities looked first rate.

We did avail ourselves of their free DVD library.

Room Tip: Anything on the 2nd floor or above affords good privacy.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TeddyC52
Delaware
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Overall, I have nothing bad to say about the facility. I just think it could be taken care of a little bit better. It was a pretty good price for the area as well. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn next door, but the Candlewood was a little cheaper, but there is a difference. Same company, different brand. I would stay here agin. It's clean, safe and everyone I dealt with was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank buchanan913
Greece, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Clean, nice, great sleep quality. very very nice nothing bad to say about this hotel one of the best.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Bluelion137
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apex
0.2 km away
9.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
5.5 km away
Comfort Suites Regency Park

Been to Candlewood Suites Apex Raleigh Area? Share your experiences!