All reviews fitness center across the street yoga classes great spot hatteras island villa sun r r steam room earth villa a great place to stay last week north carolina spa wedding tavern amenities obx
Reviewed September 2, 2016

My family of four (2 adults, 2 kids ages 8 and 3) traveled to OBX in late August and stayed in Villa Fire at Koru. We were pleased with the decor in the villa. The only thing that bothered us was that there were noticeable stains on the couch in the living room area. I think it may be better to throw a slip cover or something over the couch. Other than that everything in the villa was great. There were more than enough supplies in the kitchen for us to cook breakfast everyday and cook dinner one night. There was also a complimentary basket with herbal teas, popcorn, and coffee. We helped ourselves to quite a few items from there.

The beds and pillows in the bedrooms were very comfortable. We all slept very well the whole time we were there. There are no TVs in the bedroom. That was not a big deal for us because we were all either on our phones or reading once we got in the bed anyhow.

The resort is eco-friendly and will provide products that are not harmful to the environment. They provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash, dishwashing liquid, and a starter pack of laundry tablets. If you've ever used eco-friendly products before, you know that they don't lather as much as normal products do. But they do get the job done. Also, they ask that you wash and reuse your towels during your stay but will happily provide more if you need them.

I really enjoyed being in villa Fire because there was a covered porch area with a bench right at our front door. There is also a little garden section in the middle of the villas. My kids played there almost everyday.

We did not use the spa/salon or fitness center while we were there. However, I did go over to the facility while we were there. It looked pretty busy. They fitness center wasn't huge but definitely had more than enough equipment for you to get a full workout in. We used the pool on our last day there. It was great! The bar was not open the day that we went because it rained earlier in the day and I'm assuming they decided to close it. But my favorite part about the pool area was the rooftop balcony with loungers. You can sit up there and look out at the ocean. It's a very relaxing view. Also, there is a small ship that is built into a play area behind the Pangea Tavern. It's not big at all but it had a slide and my kids enjoyed playing there.

I would definitely go back to Koru but I'm not sure I would do it for longer than a long weekend trip. We usually go when the summer season is over. By then, there are no longer any kid-friendly activities available at the resort. If it rains all day, it could turn out to be a very boring day for young kids. There is Studio 12 near the resort that does art and pottery classes for kids but is pretty pricey in my opinion. The next closest exciting indoor activity that my kids would have enjoyed, Destination Fun or the aquarium, is almost an hour away from the villas.

Kim was very pleasant and offered a personal level of service. She emailed me to let me know about a sea turtle release that would be happening in Buxton while we were there. There is no way that I would have ever found out about this if she didn't tell me. And I'm so glad that we were able to see it.

Room Tip: I personally would not want to be in the Air or Earth villas since they are hidden in the back and won't get a lot of natural sunlight.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Koru_Village_Manager, Public Relations Manager at The Villas at Koru Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at the Koru Village Villas, and we hope that you and your family will visit us again one day!

Reviewed September 1, 2016

We stayed in the Honeymoon Villa the night of our wedding following our Koru Beach Klub event. The entire experience was wonderful, and the staff were nothing but kind and helpful! The suite was very clean and featured a large (atelast) two person tub. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in Villa Honeymoon! Thank you for sharing your experience with future guests!

Reviewed March 9, 2016

Beautiful, clean, comfortable accommodations! No ocean views and a bit of hike to ocean. The oceanfront pool is beautiful. Fun activities for children. Friendly staff. Yoga on the beach was awesome. I am a brat about being as close to the beach as possible. I travel a long way to get to the ocean and I park myself at the beach for long, lazy days. All of the amenities at koru (including the gorgeous spa) is worth the trade off for ocean not being at my front door. I would go back in a heartbeat. Koru does a lot of destination weddings, so it can be busy on the weekends. We got there on a Sunday and when we booked, everything was open, but upon check-in we were told the pool was closed for a wedding. It is a family-friendly place so expect to see children. The town of Avon is lovely also. All mom and pop restaurants and businesses. No Starbucks or McDonald's. You really feel like it is a true escape!

Room Tip: All of the villas are are beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Koru_Village_Manager, Public Relations Manager at The Villas at Koru Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2016

Wow! Thank you so much for your awesome review on our villas and Koru Kampus. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of all of our facilities. We hope to see you back this year!

Reviewed January 18, 2016

Needed to visit Hatteras Island on a few occasions over the winter. We have used the Kura Spa and Fitness Center before when we visit in the summer, but this was the first time we stayed in the Villa. I was very impressed with the Villa's. Very nicely situated, great space inside with all the amenities of an apartment (full kitchen, washer/dryer, living room and stocked with all of the essentials). I was super impressed with how clean and well maintained the Villas were. Will definitely use them again for future visits.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our Villas! We appreciate you visiting and using our facility. We hope to see you again this year!

Reviewed October 4, 2015

By booking well in advance, we were able to secure all 7 villas for our families for 4 nights. Everything was outstanding with accommodations, style and convenience. We had our wedding at the Beach Klub, and it was catered by Pangea Tavern. Our families loved being together at the Villas. There is no better way to enjoy a few days or a week where everything is provided in an apartment setting. Being in the Villas made our wedding celebration in Avon special and memorable.

Room Tip: All rooms have different themes - water, air, fire, etc, etc
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Koru_Village_Manager, Public Relations Manager at The Villas at Koru Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2015

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review on Koru Village's facilities. We loved having your family and guests with us for an incredible weekend filled with love and celebration. We try not to pick favorites~ but this wedding was our favorite of the year! We love you all and cannot wait to have you back on our Kampus (one year anniversary party, anyone?).