US$159
  • Beachfront
US$99
  • Free Internet
Cape Pines Motel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$149
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsfitness centeracross the streetthe outer banksyoga classeshatteras islandgreat spotother guestsvilla sunr rtourist seasonsteam roomearth villaa great place to staylast weeknorth carolinaget awayspa
Reviewed May 16, 2017

We've been to Cape Hatteras many times and have camped and stayed at hotels, so I was surprised and pleased to see this wonderful place in Avon. We prefer the southern part of Cape Hatteras and Koru Village is perfect. Very nice and well equipped suites. I also like the layout of the units, which surrounds a lovely garden courtyard. We stayed in February when options are more limited, but we wanted to see the wintering waterfowl and the location is perfect for accessing two great spots: Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge to the north and to the south the tidal lake near Cape Point. You get the best of fresh and salt water habitats. I would definitely recommend Koru Villages and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Koru_Village_Manager, Manager at The Villas at Koru Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

Thank you so much your review! We are so glad you enjoyed the location of our villas and that you were able to enjoy all the natural beauty across the island during your stay. Also we are thrilled to hear that the villas were able to meet all your needs. More importantly we hope to you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to the island cause we would love to see you again.

Reviewed March 3, 2017

We have always wanted to revisit the outer banks of NC and have put it off for far too long. Going in the off season has it's advantages and disadvantages. It is quieter by far than when the tourist season kicks into gear. Alone time on the beach in February is an almost guarantee with very few visitors.... especially during the week. The great disadvantage is that many businesses are seasonally closed. The choices for dining out being the greatest of these. Thankfully, the villas at Koru Village have really well equipped kitchens and we knew some of the things that furnished accommodations normally do not have so we brought them along. Having a major full service Food Lion grocery nearby allowed us to shop for easy to prepare meals. We kind of expected this anyway. We were not bothered by other guests and having a full service fitness center was a great plus for us. For us, we would highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: the Earth villa is pretty secluded in this property and offered no views to speak of.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Koru_Village_Manager, Public Relations Manager at The Villas at Koru Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our villas! We are so glad you all enjoyed your stay, and wish you many more happy years of marriage! Keep us in mind for anniversary #41 ; )

Reviewed October 18, 2016

We stayed here last week to fish off the pier in Avon, NC and it was the perfect place to stay because the pier is just across highway 12 from the villas. Defiantly would recommend to anyone wanting to stay for a weekend fishing adventure.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Koru_Village_Manager, Public Relations Manager at The Villas at Koru Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you caught some fish on our pier!

Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

My bestie and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Koru Village. We chose the Fire villa and it was the perfect little getaway with everything we needed and more! The resort has a great spa and bicycles that can be used to ride around town. Kim at the front desk was very friendly and gave us great suggestions on places to eat. The only minor complaints we had were the water pressure in the shower is not the best and the towels are really thin and left lots of lint on our bodies after using them. Also some of the furniture needs to be deep cleaned or replaced. Otherwise it's a great, relaxing place and we will visit again!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review! We appreciate your praise and the helpful comments that we will use to better our establishment. We will see you next time you are in Avon, NC!

Reviewed September 2, 2016

My family of four (2 adults, 2 kids ages 8 and 3) traveled to OBX in late August and stayed in Villa Fire at Koru. We were pleased with the decor in the villa. The only thing that bothered us was that there were noticeable stains on the couch in the living room area. I think it may be better to throw a slip cover or something over the couch. Other than that everything in the villa was great. There were more than enough supplies in the kitchen for us to cook breakfast everyday and cook dinner one night. There was also a complimentary basket with herbal teas, popcorn, and coffee. We helped ourselves to quite a few items from there.

The beds and pillows in the bedrooms were very comfortable. We all slept very well the whole time we were there. There are no TVs in the bedroom. That was not a big deal for us because we were all either on our phones or reading once we got in the bed anyhow.

The resort is eco-friendly and will provide products that are not harmful to the environment. They provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash, dishwashing liquid, and a starter pack of laundry tablets. If you've ever used eco-friendly products before, you know that they don't lather as much as normal products do. But they do get the job done. Also, they ask that you wash and reuse your towels during your stay but will happily provide more if you need them.

I really enjoyed being in villa Fire because there was a covered porch area with a bench right at our front door. There is also a little garden section in the middle of the villas. My kids played there almost everyday.

We did not use the spa/salon or fitness center while we were there. However, I did go over to the facility while we were there. It looked pretty busy. They fitness center wasn't huge but definitely had more than enough equipment for you to get a full workout in. We used the pool on our last day there. It was great! The bar was not open the day that we went because it rained earlier in the day and I'm assuming they decided to close it. But my favorite part about the pool area was the rooftop balcony with loungers. You can sit up there and look out at the ocean. It's a very relaxing view. Also, there is a small ship that is built into a play area behind the Pangea Tavern. It's not big at all but it had a slide and my kids enjoyed playing there.

I would definitely go back to Koru but I'm not sure I would do it for longer than a long weekend trip. We usually go when the summer season is over. By then, there are no longer any kid-friendly activities available at the resort. If it rains all day, it could turn out to be a very boring day for young kids. There is Studio 12 near the resort that does art and pottery classes for kids but is pretty pricey in my opinion. The next closest exciting indoor activity that my kids would have enjoyed, Destination Fun or the aquarium, is almost an hour away from the villas.

Kim was very pleasant and offered a personal level of service. She emailed me to let me know about a sea turtle release that would be happening in Buxton while we were there. There is no way that I would have ever found out about this if she didn't tell me. And I'm so glad that we were able to see it.

Room Tip: I personally would not want to be in the Air or Earth villas since they are hidden in the back and won't get a lot of natural sunlight.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Koru_Village_Manager, Public Relations Manager at The Villas at Koru Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at the Koru Village Villas, and we hope that you and your family will visit us again one day!