“What a Fantastic Time!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of KD Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Adamsville
KD Guest Ranch
Akron, Ohio
“What a Fantastic Time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

The first time I went was in October of 2010 for a full 6 day adventure, perfect timing to enjoy the fall foliage and weather. I had wanted to do something like this for so long but couldn't find a friend with the same interest, so I decided to go alone. I was apprehensive at first, would I enjoy it being all alone...I never felt like I was there alone. Kari and Dave (KD Ranch), your hosts, are the friendliest people I have ever met. I was invited right in and made to feel at home. The other guests, all of whom had been there at least once already, made me feel welcome as well. The best way to describe it for me: I never felt rushed or overwhelmed yet I never felt bored and I didn't want to leave when it was time. You experience two rides a day, either on the trails on the vast expanse of land, or some team calf penning in the arena, some awesome food, all home made by the family, and a ranch planned activity for after dinner each evening. The activity ranging from a movie in the small theater, to a bon-fire, to some folk music upstairs in the lounge. Partake in it all, or just the events that you wish.
In May 2011 I went back for a four day package to celebrate my birthday and met up with and reconnected with an "old" military friend. We had a superb experience together.
No surprise, I have my third trip already reserved for my birthday again.
The pictures below are awesome...take a look. This is something the ranch does for you so you don't have to lug around a camera.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 Thank cfslw4084

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Newbury, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

KD Guest Ranch is AWESOME. Four of us ladies went for a long weekend of trail riding and team penning. The cabins are immaculate and very comfortable. You want for nothing. The food is all homemade and VERY delicious. The lodge is beautiful and clean clean clean. The family makes you feel like part of their family. So put on your cowboys boots and go hit the trails.

Arlene Taylor

Room Tip: All the cabin rooms are GREAT