“Best Lebanese restaurant”

Add it.
Wafa's
Ranked #187 of 491 Restaurants in Akron
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Inside an office tower Building near Chase Bank. Has great selection of Lebanese and American food. Great tabouli, Fattouch, PERFECT beef Shawarma, cook to order. Wafa's has special meal for everyday. Don't forget to ask for the garlic sauce if your order a chicken shawarma (it is not automatic). Prices are very reasonable. You can peper your Hummus. And last but not least, their falafel which was never less than amazing. That's not to mention how much Wafa is friendly and knows ALL costumers by name. The only bad thing is that they close at ~3:00 pm every day and do not open on weekends.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

A great place for lunch, lots of choices - soup, salad, specials and the homemade baklava too. The people who work there are also very nice.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Tender, juicy strips of chicken and tahini in fluffy, warm pita bread. That and a falafel salad and you've got a heavenly lunch. Everyone is very friendly and the service is super-fast.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

If you need a reason to become a resident of down-town Akron living in one of the large loft apartments or condominiums now being constructed near by here it is. If you need a reason to become acclimated to downtown Akron if only for eating lunch there here it is. If you need a reason to spend time in and around the Summit County library, the Akron Art Museum, Quaker Square, and the Federal Building to say nothing about the area near by at the University of Akron or up the street on South Main Street going in the direction of the baseball field and Canal Park here it is. An extended visit to the Knight Center for whatever reason should put you close in mind to visiting this eatery. I have walked from the University of Akron - the Greek Church to be particular - just to have lunch at this eatery before walking back for more than just exercise. I was proud of myself of undertaking such an excursion. This place is not a snack bar. Nor is it an extension of the concession stand found at your high school or college football game. If you know anything good about the mid eastern bakery called Sanabel's Middle -Eastern Bakery on East South Street - now a small restaurant that was only a bakery a few years ago - it is now called a bakery with a place for eating at tables - then you can compare the food served there with what you can purchase here for lunch. Just thinking about those comparisons leaves me most happy. These two places serve much of the same food as one place supports the other with much of the same quality culinary goodies. If you like the one place you must adore the other. This small eatery is one of my favorite places to buy and consume lunch. Delicious food associated with far way places like eastern Mediterranean countries is well worth your time and money to take friend a to lunch. Better yet come to lunch yourself. You have to be acclimated to this food for it is not meat and potatoes or fast food from hungry George's basement. You have to know what they sell here and like it to come back a second time but to go here for a first time visit you will find for sure the culinary shrine of the down-town area with delicious food with large portions for salads and soups and the like for its is nothing close to concession stand food found at your favorite football game or commercial cinema. Give yourself a taste of the best food from the eastern Mediterranean countries after you marvel at the collection of modern art at the Akron Art Museum. You will be most reluctant to purchase pre-packaged t v dinners after eating food here. I have talked with the owner many times and marvel at the range of delicious food prepared well and served with friendliness. Great lebanese food for sure as it is favorable for lunches and pleasant and priced just right with affordable prices. The place is clean with ample seating and sometimes crowded so do come at times when the lunch crowd is not there. Late afternoon is my favorite times for lunch. I would like to transport this kitchen with its food to my house. People were most helpful and nice. They explained the food for me to understand how it was prepared. Falafel sandwiches can be my favorite sandwich but I liked the soup and salad even more. This latest visit must have been my fifth or sixth or so. Worth coming back again and again for the food for certain but I like talking with the people who prepared the food. Reasonable prices and large portions for certain. No complaints form me for this eatery is superb.I once told somebody that I wished that I would get lost and ask that person to find me at Wafa's. I did not think about whether or not they had take out service. I just thought that nobody would want to walk away empty handed from here. I suppose that families can bring all members for lunch here. I do not know about delivery service as I never asked those questions. I might not know about all daily operations but I do know the menu. Nothing could be a better culinary discovery. Not to be missed. Consider a visit here for lunch at this place as your first and last meal the go to Sanabel's bakery for another meal later. You will not be disappointed I promise.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Wafa's has great falafel sandwiches! It's a great place to go for lunch if you work in the area. The staff is great too.

Been to Wafa's? Share your experiences!