“Rude Owner”

Quality Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Akron
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Left my car at this hotel and took the shuttle to Akron/Canton airport. Upon returning, I was told the hotel booked me on the second floor (no elevator) even though the request for a first floor room was made a week before leaving for vacation. The front desk clerk called the owner, and after some discussion, I was booked into a room on the first floor (by the way, I am disabled). The following morning I asked for help with my luggage and was told no one was available. On the way to the parking lot to pull my car up to the front door, I saw the shuttle driver and asked if he would help get my luggage into the car..he said he would after parking his van. When I walked back into the hotel, this guy was nowhere to be found. The owner (who was at the front desk) stated, "the shuttle driver is busy, and we do not have porters at this hotel." So this is how a disabled customer is treated at the Quality Inn. Two guys were coming out of the hotel - I ended up asking them to help me, and they did. This hotel manager/owner is a first class jerk...he has no people skills whatsoever. I don't usually complain about things, but it will be a cold day in ___ before I stay at this place again. The only thing good I can say is that my car was taken care of, and I ended up in a decent room.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank cuteolelady

Reviewed 21 April 2012

My wife and I are corresponding over our most recent visit to your area in February 2012. We were visiting the Canton/Akron area for a swim meet of which our granddaughters were competing....we had
looked at many hotels in the area, but thought your facility was the BEST location and also the BEST value...and
we were very pleased with everything...from the room, hotel front desk staff, the fitness center, and the dining area., wow, your complimentary breakfast is by far the best of all hotel chains ! The front desk staff and other employees greeted you each day making you feel "right at home" during our stay.

I am a member of Choice Hotels and travel during the year periodically, and try to stay with Choice.....I must say, ,your
Conference Center met our expectations and then some......your staff, very knowledgable , personable, helpful during our
visit....and we'd like to acknowledge your dining area rep, Ana......( I believe that was her 1st name)....she was a joy to
meet and talk with each day ...she was one of the nicest persons we've met....very much in control of your dining area
providing service to everyone.......just a tremendous asset to you staff ! Observing her during our breakfast each day,
just very helpful in every way to those who visited the restaurant ! Please pass our comments on to her..!!

Again, we appreciated the opportunity to stay at your hotel....and look forward to a return visit in the near future...I am
in the airline industry for quite some time now, and do travel frequent, will pass along to all my associates , friends, and family members of our enjoyable visit back in February, with hopes they would also choose your facility for their needs.

your "2 coyote visitors" from Arizona

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SmoothJazzy
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed 2-18-12 overnight in a smoking King Jacuzzi room. I was very pleasantly surprised by the size of the room & how nice the jacuzzi tub was! (The mirrored walls around the tub were a bit much-but hey, I'm gettin' old and who wants to look at all that!).

I am very picky about hotels-they must be clean and I inspect the room first thing-looking for nasties like stains, bed bug trails, cockroaches, stray hairs, icky stuff under the bed, etc. I am happy to say I found NOTHING!! The room was absolutely clean.

The check in was short and sweet-I booked the room over the internet the same day. The front desk clerk was very pleasant. The lobby is spacious, clean and had a crackling fire going which was nice because it was cold and windy when we came in!

Our room was on the first floor facing the highway. The halls were tidy, and had NO odors (smoke, air freshener, etc.) whatsoever. Vending machines and ice machine just a few steps from our room.

We had breakfast the next morning compliments of the hotel. You could make your own waffles. There were also sausage patties, scrambled eggs, muffins, bagels, cold cereal, hot cereal, juice, milk, coffee and fresh fruit.Not bad for complimentary.

The staff was friendly and professional. I chatted with the desk clerk about jacuzzi's on checkout :) I hope she gets her wish in Boston. All in all a very enjoyable stay, at a decent price. We'll go back again for another weekend getaway soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank WeStayedHere021812
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Due to my job as an airline crew member I stay at this hotel at least 4-5 times a month and I am so impressed with all of the new renovations and the ongoing work that they are doing to make this hotel a GREAT PLACE TO STAY! If you haven't been here in a while you should definitely come and stay. I noticed a few reviews that weren't so positive but I have to stay that I have been staying here for years and this hotel has never looked better. I have never had any complaints and even suggest this hotel to people that are coming to Akron. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is always a welcoming site as we don't always get a chance to eat as we leave very early in the morning some days. I would suggest that anyone that had a complaint about this hotel should come back and stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank KMC2121
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I stayed here for three days while I was in town attending a funeral. The outside doesn't look so great, but the hallways and rooms are pretty nice, and the bathrooms are spotless. I didn't even have a remodeled room, so the furniture was a little beat up, but the bed and pillows were comfortable, it was quiet and I slept well, and there was plenty of space for all our luggage and whatnot. The gym was large and well equipped, with two treadmills, two ellipticals, a bike, and a weight machine. I used the gym all three mornings I stayed and never saw another person in it. The pool is outdoors and was closed for the winter, but looked nice, though I would imagine that a room right off the pool would be noisy in the summer. Breakfast, which some people raved about, I found to be just adequate. They had a good variety of foods, but the quality of the food was sub par. The coffee was so watered down my mom kept calling it "waffee". The cereals were name brand and the fruit was ripe, so that's mostly what I ate, along with the pre-made eggs. I would have prefered less selection but higher quality, or to pay a few more dollars in the room rate for a better breakfast. The breakfast area was big and clean, and the attendant kept everything stocked. The hotel also has a small arcade upstairs where you can play video games, though we didn't. The location is pretty good, right off the freeway exit with a lot of stores and restaurants nearby. The people that work at this hotel are much friendlier than at the Fairfield Inn down the street - everyone here was as helpful as possible and very welcoming. I had just been to Akron two weeks prior and stayed at the Fairfield at this same freeway exit, and have stayed at a few others at this exit on other trips to Akron, and if I went back I'd stay here every time, as it is simply the best value for your money. One thing that put me off was the in room safe that they charge you for (after all, why should I pay extra to ensure that the hotel's employees don't steal my stuff?) and all the warnings that they aren't responsible for stuff stolen from your room (I imagine this is a twisted enticement to get you to use the safe and not complain about the extra charge, but it just made me feel like I was in a bad neighborhood).

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Bourgeois_Yuppie
Reviewed 31 October 2011

After two stays at this hotel on business, I told my travel planner that I would not stay there again. When checking in, I pulled in to an empty parking lot and dark windows. But the clerk told me the hotel was full. Walking into the room, you are immediately assaulted by heavy air freshener. After 3 nights in this hotel, I noticed how much better I could breathe once I got home. I suspect parts of the hotel are closed off due to mold. Security doors are rusted out and the key readers don't work, allowing anyone access to the hallways. And given the look of the nearby neighborhood, that's not good.

Positives? The renovations were very tasteful, but it's just lipstick on a pig. Consistent if unimaginative breakfast, and some of the fastest Internet I've had in a hotel in some time.

This hotel has "future Ramada" written all over it. There's not enough quality to retain the Quality Inn brand. You can do better.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank pja48142
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Nice basic accomodations - nothing fancy. Room was clean and well kept with friendly staff. The complimentary brkfst was typical for this type of hotel. Wouldn't have a problem with staying at this location again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
0.6 km away
11.3 km away
Courtyard Akron Downtown
0.6 km away
Hampton Inn Akron-South

Been to Quality Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!