“Best Italian in area”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Best Italian restaurant we've been to anywhere. The veal dishes are amazing, especially the veal satimbocca is my favorite. My wife loves the veal Fratell. Both are good. Their marinera sauce is light and tasty. Alao try the antapasta salad for an appetizer. They only take reservations for six or more so you may weight in the bar for a while. Its worth the wait.

1  Thank George Z

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Great food with large portions. Unless you're super hungry you'll have lunch the next day. Excellent wine list and generous drinks. The staff is super and has been there for years. They remember you and make you feel like family as do the owners. Weekend specials. Only one little drawback, reservations for groups of 5 or more only.

1  Thank dunn_banda
Reviewed June 23, 2017

Fratello's Restaurant is located on Electric Blvd. in Avon Lake, Ohio. If you blink your eyes, you might just miss it. The building appears to be a former Lawson's store, but don't let that fool you.

Today, was the first day my husband and I dined there for lunch. At dinner, we are usually the first patrons at the door upon opening, for if we arrive 30 - 40 minutes later, the restaurant is nearly full. Surprisingly, there were many unfilled tables at lunch, unlike the dinner hours.

My favorite dish is their Eggplant Parmesian. The egg plant is thinly sliced length wise in many layers and topped with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce. It's unlike the little round, breaded circles you find at chain restaurants.

My husband always orders pasta with marinara sauce which he loves. The lunch size portion was just the right size for someone watching carbs.

As pictured, you will see that the restaurant is one large room. Don't let this disappoint you, for their fine entrees overcome the lack of ambiance.

1  Thank Lorrie C
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

I have been here multiple times over the years and while I don't think the food has changed, the competition has. What used to be good Italian food is now average. I find other Italian restaurants have improved while Fratello's has remained the same. The service was very good.

1  Thank Donald C
Reviewed May 22, 2017

I love Fratello's. You will never go wrong by ordering any special (chicken, shrimp or veal fratello) that is on their menu.

I chose the shrimp fratello and it is mouthwatering.
A lovely (kind of old school) restaurant where good food is guaranteed!

Been to Fratello's? Share your experiences!