“Great chef”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Whenever I visit the Albany area I always visit the Cascade Grill.the chef specials are reasonably priced and absolutely delicious. I was surprised to find such good quality of food in such a remote out-of-the-way town.I would recommend the Cascade Grill to my friends and family. And you as well.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed October 23, 2018

Other reviews were not so good, but we were pleased. It was nice to go to an economical restaurant (well above a Denny's!) that also had a selection of wine (as I am a self-proclaimed wine snob!) The food was quite tasty, and we had plenty. Good service, and great value overall.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 15, 2018

my dinner was excellent - filet, hazelnut salad, coconut shrimp...but my husband's rib eye was a third gristle. the broccoli cheese soup he had was very good though. and the waitress did give us a discount on dinner

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Salad tasted like a stale refrigerator and was over $13...need I say more??

Prime rib was prepared okay...masdhed potatoes were the best thing on the plate. You pay $4 extra for vegetables with your meat a2nd potatoes...I suggest trying somewhere else.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Have to say this was very disappointing experience for me. Ate here based upon good reviews after a very long travel day dragging our trailer thru Portland's horrible traffic. Just wanted a nice dinner. This restaurant is located between a couple large and busy motels and seem to do their business from them. It was recommended by RV park we were staying and only half a block away. Also good reviews on TA.
I ordered a 12 oz ribeye steak and my wife the grilled albacore special. She had a Caesar salad and I a house salad with blue cheese dressing. Hers was fine. Mine had several pieces of very over the hill lettuce and seemed to be just out of a bag. The dressing was weak on the blue cheese too. She commented her tuna was a little fishy tasting and when I tried it I agreed. It is albacore so maybe to be expected. My steak was a little lite on the 12oz part, cooked more medium than medium rare, relatively tasteless and tough as an old shoe. Reminded me of some "grass fed" beef, lean no marbling. She had a baked sweet potato that was great and an avocado, cucumber and cherry tomato relish as a side also very good. My baked potato was very good with all the fixings. She had the house Chardonnay $5 which was ok. We split a creme brûlée which was ok, a little thin on the custard with side fruit of canned mandarin oranges, whipping cream and raspberry sauce, weird combo.
My impression was the food was not the freshest nor the execution very inspired. Would not recommend, maybe just a fluke. Oh and had an upset digestive system that night and next day?

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Cascade Grill? Share your experiences!