“All separately owned and excellent”
Review of Momiji

Momiji
Ranked #25 of 160 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 17, 2018

I've eaten in Momiji in Newport, Lincoln City, Salem, and Albany. The menus aren't identical but similar. Everything I've ever had has been outstanding. This time it was shrimp tempura, miso soup, and a cucumber salad. Great!!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I like Momiji for its hours, as it stays open from morning until evening close instead of shutting down for three hours in the afternoon. Their sushi isn't bad, especially on Mondays when they have specials on rolls. Service is somewhat spotty and slowish and there seems to be staff turnover which, while not uncommon in food service, causes the trainee staff to know little or nothing about the menu and I'm not sure what motivates them. Location is meh, on the edge of a strip mall parking lot. Good free parking most days and times.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

We make a point of trying sushi in many different places. The salmon sashimi was fantastic! This definitely rates in our top 5 for quality and taste! Points are lost with the mediocre service- friendly enough but rather slow, and no questions about dessert or more to drink or if we’re happy with our meal. If that improves then it would be a 5 for sure :)

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed December 21, 2017

The prices are very good and big selection but not a fan. The Spicy Tuna roll was not the spicy tuna I am used to. It was very pale and not spicy almost like just a mayo base. We were not impressed with the other items either. We will continue to look for a good sushi place.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed August 26, 2017

This is essentially a strip mall restaurant but the food is wonderfully prepared and everything is very fresh. My wife and I had two spicy sushi dishes along with a delicious shrimp tempura. We also enjoyed a nicely priced and delicious bottle of sake. We both wanted to sample some of the Mochi ice cream, but the waitress delivered the check and we both felt we were being hurried to finish and settle the bill.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Momiji? Share your experiences!