“Excellent take out”

AB Chinese
Ranked #72 of 159 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

We had not been to AB Chinese for a long time so we thought we would try it. The pork chow mein had barbeque pork and a lot of it. It tasted fresh, not like the steam table. Very generous order of fried shrimp. The new owner said he is keeping the menu the same but trying new items listed as specials on the board. If you haven't been there for awhile you have got to go. It is the to go place for the best Chinese food in town.

Reviewed January 5, 2017

My mom and I went to AB Chinese for lunch today. We ordered two dishes and shared it, which is what we generally do. One order was the sweet & sour shrimp lunch, which comes with the shrimp, rice and soup. The other dish was a pepper beef combo, which was very good. The sweet & sour shrimp was NOT good. The shrimp had not been cleaned (gross!!), so there was no way we would eat it. Took the server awhile to get back to us as we were nearly done eating (no, we didn't eat the shrimp!). She asked how everything was and I was honest and told her that we could not eat the shrimp because it was not clean. She was apologetic and offered to remove the price from our bill. She took the full plate of shrimp away and brought us our bill with an explanation of how it was a mistake to not clean it. I looked at the bill and she discounted the bill by $2. So, instead of $7.95, it was $5.95 for the rice and soup... I guess? I was surprised that the shrimp was only worth $2 and that she told us a few moments before that she would remove it from our bill. I have ordered shrimp and this particular dish many times in the past and the shrimp was always clean. Too bad this place is going down hill. I won't ever order there shrimp again and don't know that I will be back at all. The entire thing left a bad taste in my mouth, no pun intended!

Reviewed July 29, 2016

This is the best Chinese! High quality and very generous portions.
Peter the chef knows his stuff! Now teamed up with his wife.
They ROCK Chinese!

Reviewed April 25, 2016

I like the variety as I am rather picky about what foods I like. Also the waitress was very helpful with describing the items and if spicy or not. The portions were large and very flavorful. We ate in the restaurant but you can also get take out. There is nothing special about the atmosphere but the service was good. The prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed October 29, 2015

I was a little disappointed because I thought the food was really bland. They have the basic menu and the prices are reasonable but even the stir fried rice didn't have any flavor. The service was good though.

Been to AB Chinese? Share your experiences!