“Edible food. Would never go here again.”

K-1 Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 158 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed March 23, 2017

1) The Pork Fried Rice was gummy and dry and there was nothing but rice and probably some sort of pork juice. The worst I've ever had.
2) The Kung Pao Chicken was okay but I've had far better here in Albany.
3) Even the Fortune Cookie had a weird taste to it.
4) The one thing that was good was the Sweet and Sour Chicken but I would prefer to have it already made rather than dip it in a container of sauce.
Bottom Line: This is a mediocre Chinese restaurant and one I will avoid in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2017

We arrived for a late lunch 2pm. Just a few customers, service was good. All the food was cooked to order, sauces were distinct and delicious. We had both the "hot and sour soup" and flower drop, both with excellent flavor. We had Kung Pao Chicken, which they said would be spicy hot, it wasn't really just spicy mild, so if you like it hot insist on the higher spice level. Mongolian Beef which was very nice, meat was tender, veggies fresh, sauced just right. I asked to substitute chow mein instead of the Pork Fried Rice, they were very accommodating, making sure to fix it the way I wanted with rice noodles. My wife ordered the Chicken with Spicy Garlic Sauce, mild, it was flavored just right, lots of garlic, fresh vegetables were in every dish. We will be back

1  Thank ifd3313
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

We ordered a large delivery to my work for lunches. They arrived quickly and the food was very good. The lunch specials are a great price. I had steamed rice, sweet sour chicken, and an egg roll. All were very good. I also go egg flour soup with my order, but forgot to eat it. All that was only 7.00

Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

Food fresh, vegetables crispy, offers meats chicken etc. without breading. Sauces flavorful. Easy to find, across from Starbucks.

Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

This place is in a very nice location and is very clean. Most of the items that we desired couldn't be ordered due to the restaurant was out of product. It took quite a while to get served after we placed our orders. When we got our food it was cold. When we asked if they could re heat it they put it in a microwave (plate was hotter than food) Or server acted as if we were bothering her. Once we started to eat our meal it tasted very bad. This is approximately 50 minutes after we ordered.
Meat was chewy like rubber and veggies were old soggy. The food was just bad We had to hunt our server down who was spending most of her time conversing with whoever was in the back. There was only one other family in the place besides us and they were also inquiring the MIA server. This is our second less than desirable experience here and our last. We left without finishing our meal. It was gross.

1  Thank Da M

Been to K-1 Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!