“The "go to" breakfast place”

Brothers' Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 175 Restaurants in Ashland
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Serving breakfast and lunch from 7am-2pm daily. Since 1976 we at Brothers’ have been pleased to provide a friendly and vibrant place to enjoy great food and company. Community is at the core of Brothers’. We foster a work environment based on integrity, mutual respect, and kindness. Our commitment to community is further reflected in our support of local businesses including many regional sources of the foods we serve. Our intentions extend outwards to the greater world as we strive to support sustainability by offering organic products as well as hormone- & antibiotic-free chicken, beef and wild seafood. We realize Ashland offers many dining opportunities and we thank you for choosing Brothers’. It is an honor to know so many of you as part of our Brothers’ family of friends.
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Many of the local hotels (including ours) have free breakfast included. But we wanted a "real" breakfast and one that meshed with our efforts to be more plant based in our diet Brothers has an astounding menu with a varied array of breakfast offerings: everything from eggs all ways to french toast and beyond (I did see one woman with a plate of french fries this morning so clearly Brothers is willing to accommodate patrons). I broke down and had the huevos with chorizo (scrambled eggs) which came with pinto beans and tortillas. My partner had a lovely omlette with red peppers, chèvre and spinach. His eggs came with hash browns (although he had other choices) and he elected to have an English muffin (although many other bread choices as well). He was very pleased with his choice, as I was with mine. I did see another diner with a plate of french toast that looked "over the top" with fruit. My latte was ever so satisfying and the service was quick, attentive and efficient. Brothers is open from 7-2 so they focus on breakfast and lunch and they do it well.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

This was our first visit to the Brothers and it was good. Be prepared to wait during busy times around breakfast time and lunch.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I planned a field trip with 19 kids and worked with Jessica ahead of time to plan a take-out order for our students. They were awesome and had everything ready for us to pick up and take to the park to eat. She even accommodated my vegan students. Although we didn't get to eat in the restaurant itself, it was cozy and packed when we stopped in.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

We stopped in for lunch about 45 mins before close and they were happy to seat us and our waitress was friendly to us but 3 other separate groups filtered in shortly after us and they seemed a bit annoyed with this as seemed keen to close. I found it odd as well that the other groups that came in all wanted to sit upstairs but for some reason this annoyed the waitress and I couldn't understand why. To me this was the most off-putting thing to observe because it made us feel like we needed to rush so they could close plus there were two people sat by us polishing all the cutlery which also felt like we needed to rush. Observations aside, we ordered the speciality sandwiches which were tasty but nothing to write home about.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 29, 2017

If I lived in Ashland, I'd come here every morning for breakfast. It's a no-frills space with a huge menu and fast service.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Brothers' Restaurant? Share your experiences!