“Worst Plate of Chinese Food Ever”
Review of Golden Dynasty

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Dynasty
Ranked #117 of 171 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I'm 65 years old, and today for lunch at the Golden Dynasty, I had the worst plate of Chinese food that I've ever had. I know that this type of cuisine has been going down hill for the past 40 years, but this is a new low. Egg Drop soup was a gelatinous mess of tasteless liquid. Sweet and sour pork apparently now consists of some bits of frozen ground pork that are deep fried and placed in another tasteless gelatinous sauce. The pork chow mien has an exceedingly strong taste of rancid or old garlic. Not much in it accept too many bean sprouts and some sliced celery. The pork in the chow mien was the same deep fat fried bits as in the sweet and sour. Also, way too jelly like...I think they used too much corn starch. Never will eat here again. I think I will also avoid any Chinese cafe unless I can get a first hand recommendation from a friend with some taste buds.

1  Thank David C

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I went there twice with friends. I really liked their food but it's a little expensive. So it's better to order to go so they give you a little bit more and can eat it 2 days, hihi

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Food we grew up with in visits to Chinese restaurants. Some is Americanized "Tourist Food". I get a craving for this cuisine now and then. I cook fairly authentic Chinese dinners at home and my husband hates the kind of food served with heavy cornstarch gravy. So he won't go to any Chinese restaurant unless it is in Portland or the Bay Area or Monterey Park. I come here when he is out of town. Gotta have some won ton soup and deep fried shrimp. Golden Dynasty does a fine job. My friend and I also had beef lo mein. Good, but they used skinny noodles. I like it with the wider ones like at Sam Wo.
There is a section of menu I hadn't noticed til I came home, "House Specials". Now, this is the page to order from next time. It lists simpler, delicious dishes such as Salt & Pepper Shrimp. Mmm.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Hard to find consistent Chinese, and I usually settle on one place as preferred. This one is it for me. Usually get spicy shredded beef, pan fried noodles with chicken. You can order off the menu if the restaurant is not too busy. Conveniently located, it's easy to pop into Market of Choice while waiting on your order. They've recently opened a second restaurant in Medford.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I took my son out for Asian food for a relaxing talk. He ordered a vegetarian dish with tofu and I ordered a pasta dish with noodles, veggies and hot and sour soup. My soup arrived in a normal time frame but when I began
to eat it I discovered that it had a greasy flavour and didn't taste at all like usual hot and sour soup at other
restaurants. I left the spoon in it and set it off to the side. My food arrived and when tasting it i discovered that it had no discernible seasoning and I had asked for medium spicy. I also set that off to the side to take home to doctor up to my liking.
Still no food for my son and my original waitress had disappeared. i managed to flag down another and had to explain the situation and try to find out what happened to his order. She disappeared never to be seen again. Finally the first waitress was spotted and flagged over. I had to explain everything again. She said " Sorry, I'll check on it" . We finally received my son's order a full 30 minutes after mine arrived. To be fair his order was not too bad.
I looked over at my now cold hot and sour soup and noticed a film on top. Curious, I reached over and tried to stir it only to find out that I could lift the the soup and bowl with the spoon. When paying the bill I politely
informed the cashier about our experience at their establishment and received a "sorry about that".
Horrible experience!!!

1  Thank Mark P

Been to Golden Dynasty? Share your experiences!