“Nice Italian prix fixe restaurant with lots of specials”
Review of Cucina Biazzi

Cucina Biazzi
Ranked #23 of 171 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2018

This is a lovely Italian restaurant. The menu is set up to be a four course dinner. A shared antipasto, a choice of several pastas, a secundi (main course), and a light salad at the end. Dessert extra.

Service was very good.

Nice outdoor seating.

I particularly recommend the ravioli with sage butter. The couple we were with *always* get that pasta and I can see why. The special halibut was wonderful. Dessert special was grilled peaches. Yum.

Three cautions.
1. This restaurant is not "right downtown" so not close to the theaters. Not far, but far enough away that you wouldn't want to walk there before a show.
2. It's also very subtle in terms of signage. We've driven past it dozens of times and never noticed it existed, so it would be easy to miss.
3. This is not the kind of restaurant you'd want to go to before a show, unless you're getting a reservation right when the restaurant opens. Service isn't slow. It's just meant to eaten at "Italian pace". Better to save it for dinner after a matinee.

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, great service and the food was very good. The lobster ravioli was to die for. The chicken breast was a little dry. The grilled shrimp was delicious! Will definitely come here again! Our Waitress Monica, was outstanding!

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation directly with the restrauant over a month ago. it's location turned out to be out of downtown, a half hour walk from my downtown hotel. when i arrived, they told me yhey had no record of my reservation. but they were able to seat me. however, after being seated, I didn't even get a glass of water much less a drink order. then another table was seated, immediately got water and still I was ignored. maybe they didn't like single diners. Anyway, after 15 minutes I left
and there was no a la carte available. all a four course meal.

Reviewed June 15, 2018

We always have a great experience at Cucina, so much so that we frequently recommend it to our friends who are coming to town to spend time at OSF. The service is friendly and smart, the menu is great and the wine selection is terrific. It allows us to pretend that we are back in Tuscany for a few moments.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

They have a four course meal that is quite good in a nice outdoor (indoor also available) setting. Service was good and i had the lobster ravioli and the fish and my partner had a pasta special and the eggplant main.

1  Thank Rod M

Been to Cucina Biazzi? Share your experiences!