“Not quite as good as I had hoped”
Review of Amuse Restaurant

Amuse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Amuse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 175 Restaurants in Ashland
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Main
Description: We seek the finest ingredients, utilizing organic, small-producer items. Shaded outdoor dining in summer months. Voted Best New, Oregon 2002 by Northwest Palate.
Reviewed October 23, 2018

Given the reviews, I thought this place would have been better. It's a smallish place just off man street. The service and food were good. My husband's salmon was cooked just right and served on black quinoa with both a white and a spicy sauce on the side. My trout was also served on quinoa but the white variety, a nice sauce and roasted cherry tomatoes and zucchini. It was, as I said, very good but they got points off for wilted lettuce in the salad that should never have left the kitchen.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

And we are never disappointed!!!! Tonight we had the arugula and potato salad as well as the field greens and my husband had the wild mushroom risotto and I had the pan seared halibut. Both were outstanding. Their desserts look amazing but we always have to pass...maybe sometime we should just come for dessert!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Amuse has always been one of our favorite Ashland restaurants, but this visit was so disappointing. We really wanted the duck confit with fig gastrique (an appetizer) as our entree, so I ordered mine with the warm fingerling/ frisee salad, and my husband accompanied his with the lentils and kale that were listed as sides with the roast pork. The confit was truly delicious, but the lentils/ kale were both tasteless and frankly inedible, and my potato salad was neither warm nor with frisee- wilted arugula was used instead. When I mentioned this to our waitress, she said that she didn't know that the kitchen has run out of frisee until she served it. Guess she hoped I wouldn't know the difference- she did take it off our bill. Granted, this was a Sunday night and we were seated after all the play patrons had left, but we were still expecting the wonderful food we have enjoyed there many times in the past. Too bad...

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

A lovely little French restaurant one block off the main street and two blocks from the 3 OSF theaters. A quiet bistro with delicious food and great service.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

We were in Ashland for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. We'd had dinner at Amuse before, loved it, and tried it again. Great meal. We shared an excellent salumi and pickled vegetable board, and then our main courses were trout and cornish game hen. Dessert was something wonderful of the chocolate persuasion. A great location close to the OSF and a great meal.

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to Amuse Restaurant? Share your experiences!