“Good food”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2017

We enjoyed the food and waitress was very nice. The restaurant could stand with a good cleaning and update. We tried 4 different sausages (all good), potato dumplings, red beet salad, and grilled cheese sandwich. I would return for the food. It seemed rather expensive.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Quests were good. Place had emptied out on a Saturday by 9. Waitress server was very pleasant and professional. Decor was kitchy

Reviewed September 18, 2017

We have visted this old German restaurant a few times but not recently so we decided to get take-out since the stale cigarette smell is not that pleasant. The server was very friendly and helpful as I made our selections. We got two different schnitzel sandwiches, a Cordon Bleu with cheese and ham, and a pork schnitzel with lettuce and tomato.

The first sandwich was fairly good although the ham tasted more like bacon. The second sandwich was better with plenty of taste. For sides we got potato dumplings with gravy and spaetzle, which we shared. I particularly liked the dumplings.

I wish this restaurant would refurbish itself or at least make an effort to clean up the cigarette smell as I might be inclined to visit more.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Have dined here several times before. Always enjoyed the food. We were very disappointed tonight. Restaurant is very old, run down, dirty, and smelled of cigarettes which the waitress said came from bar area, we used to get soup, salad, and entree, we were told they cut out the soup and salad to keep costs down. Our portions were also smaller, but still paid $18.95for Wiener schnitzel and 2 sides. Will not be going back.

1  Thank ZoeyMom2014
Reviewed September 7, 2017

first time here. The inside is interesting. The set up of buffet is functional. Reservations are suggested if you want in the same room as the buffet. But it really isn't that much of an issue. Servers were nice and helpful. I personally loved the German food on the buffet. I would return again. They also have a large section of beer. Its German food not PA dutch food I had been looking for a place like this since the one in Lebanon , PA closed.