All reviewssteam showerstewamber roomperson jacuzzioff street parkingcoffee stationbed and breakfastantique shoppinggas fireplaceeach morningfruit cupmy husband and i were lookingbedroom and bathroombreakfast was absolutely deliciouswonderful stayother guestsquaint town
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our Babymoon at Amethyst Inn. It was wonderful and amazing and we did not want to leave. We requested the Babymoon package which came with a basket of goodies and mommy and daddy massages. The massages were WONDERFUL. We stayed in the Ruby Room which is on the first floor by the breakfast area. It has it's own entrance which was very convenient for us. I was in the jacuzzi several times a day and the steam shower was amazing! Plus this room had a sitting room and two bathrooms. Snacks, coffee and tea is always available, and there are always little goodies given to guests. We will surely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OkomfoAdwoa
Reviewed December 26, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a last minute b&b to stay at for our anniversary. Wanted something special, hopefully with a jacuzzi in the room, but yet not extremely expensive. I used the Amethyst Inn website to check and see if they had openings, and it appeared that they did. When I called, it was true - they did have openings AND a special weekend deal- buy 1 night, get 2nd night 33% off. Great deal, as you don't see many discounts for the weekend, especially in December in the Lancaster area.

Well, when we arrived we were greeted and everything was explained in detail. (We were even given a totebag with all the information and local pamphlets and coupons.) We were shown our room, and unbelievely, they had even put a wrapped up bottle of sparkling cider and homemade truffles by our bed, as I had mentioned it was anniversary weekend. It was a wonderful touch, but the thing that made it even a bit more special was that I had just called THAT MORNING to reserve the room! We had the Cobalt room, a nice room with antiques, jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, a gas fireplace, a small separate bedroom, and a balcony. It was a nice room! I just wished I had brought my slippers, as the tile is really cold in the bathroom! (Sidenote: It does have that second room, a small bedroom attached; However, I can't imagine anyone using it. The door to the main bedroom would have to be wide open, as the only source of heat is from the gireplace, and those people- or kids - would have to walk through your room to get to the bathroom.)
The whole inn is lovely. It is nicely decorated and there are a lot of antiques, or antique looking pieces.. Maybe even a little on the country side, but not overwhelmingly so. The innkeepers are also wonderful and helpful, but not intrusive. Now, onto the best part. The food! There is a homemade snack/goodie of some sort left in the breakfast room ALL the time in case you get hungry. (There is also a Keurig coffee maker, water machine, and a fridge for guests to use.) And then there is breakfast. What can I say - it is just out of this world. You can tell they love to bake and they do it well. Seems like breakfast always started with some type of fruit or fruit & cheese. Then something homemade, like the apple & cheese strata we had one morning. YUM! Oh, there is also homemade granola, hot chocolate with whipped cream, and some cereals. On the second morning when we came back to our room, there were more snacks left for us. And then on day that we left, we got a box of snacks "for the road"!
You can tell these are people that love what they do and they are also quite good at it. I can honestly say that the only even slight downside was that there seemed to be a lack of hot water. Not that that is surprising with six bedrooms which all have large soaking or jacuzzi tubs. I don't claim to be a plumber, but maybe a tankless heater would be more suitable for a place like this.
Overall we totally loved this place, would give it a 9.9 out of 10 and can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iwannatravel
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We had a wonderful Anniversary weekend. The Ruby room was phenominal! Warm and romantic, and soo clean and comfortable. The staff and food were excellent, they were friendly and helpful for local attractions and restaurants. We would love to go back there again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xnguard
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We really liked the atmosphere here. It was quaint. Our room was very nice. The lighting was perfect for romance. We liked getting a new treat on our bed every day. The innkeeper was incredibly hospitable and her breakfasts were amazing! :) We also liked the perfect placement of all of the antiques in our room. The steam shower was wonderful! It was also nice that a tv and dvd player were available. I had a massage the first night which felt really good. It was nice that the therapist came to our room. We would definately go again. :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slong01
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We had a wonderful time ,it was our 25th anniversary the bed was so so comfortable the food was great.we would like to visit again soon Mr. and Mrs.Robert Casterton

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple