All reviews steam shower stew amber room person jacuzzi off street parking coffee station bed and breakfast antique shopping gas fireplace each morning my husband and i were looking bedroom and bathroom breakfast was absolutely delicious wonderful stay other guests quaint town thoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We spent 4 nights at the Amethyst Inn in the Topaz Room. We love old houses, especially Victorian ones, so we fell in love with this house. Our room was pretty and clean. The bed was cozy and comfortable. The bathroom was a good size. The shower head is over the Jacuzzi and had adequate pressure for a good long shower and we never ran out of water. I only used the Jacuzzi one time when we arrived. It was great after many hours in the car.The door to the bathroom doesn't have a lock but that wasn't an issue for us but maybe for some. Also, in order to get the door shut we had to kind of shut it hard because of a tight fit, which made noise that we were afraid might bother a neighboring room.Our main door to the hall didn't shut flush (but still locked) and there is a little daylight towards the bottom that shows through. Such is old houses. Not an issue for us as our house has the same problems but maybe for some. There was WiFi but it was very weak and sometimes nonexistant in our upstairs room but was OK downstairs. I only used my smart-phone and it was able to connect 3G for data most of the time when I couldn't get WiFi in our room. We found the breakfasts to be really good. Each morning we got something different and enjoyed it. Each day when we returned from our outings we were greeted with a nice little gift on the bed which was a really nice touch. The room could use some kind of a shelf or very small night stand on the wall side as I couldn't put my glasses, book etc down. I had to get out of bed and use the night stand on the far side. Otherwise, the room was convenient. There was off-street parking up a steep driveway on the right side of the house. We never had the chance to meet the owners as they were away while we were there. The staff that was there was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed in the Dragonfly Cottage. Very comfortable beds and really enjoyed the hot tub. The fireplace was a nice touch but the living room furniture is uncomfortable.

A little disappointed in the breakfast, 4 boxes of dried cereal, instant oatmeal and store bought muffins.
The Inn is in a good location, centrally located to Reading, Lancaster, Intercourse and Harrisburg.

Be sure to visit the gift shop at the main Inn for unique items.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
AdamstownInns, Owner at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thank you for choosing one of our Vacation Homes for your visit in Lancaster County. We love knowing that guest had a fabulous time. We were sorry to hear about the misunderstanding about breakfast. Staying in one of our vacation homes is different than our Bed and Breakfast accommodations. All of our Vacation Rentals have fully equipped kitchens and breakfast in not included in our vacation rental pricing. As a courtesy for guests which arrive late and are unable to visit the grocery store, we stock cereal for the children and muffins from a local bakery, milk, teas and coffee.

As stated in our rental contract, a full breakfast, delivered each morning to the vacation home is available for an additional cost if arrangements are made in advance.

Fortunately, we do have the space in the Dragonfly Cottage to accommodate 6 guests with the use of a sleep sofa. Unfortunately, sofa beds are not the most comfortable. We have recently purchased an air mattress to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

We look forward to creating a great vacation experience in Lancaster County, PA.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

Tucked away in a very small town with pretty much nothing to do except look for antiques, this was such a nice surprise!! I would go back to Adamstown again in a heartbeat, for no other reason than to stay in this quaint and comfortable Inn. The innkeeper was friendly and pleasant but non-intrusive. Our room was filled with antiques, but not in an "old dusty" way as I might have feared. We had the room on the first floor, which had an incredible tub and shower (as do all the rooms, from what I recall.) The breakfast was superb and quite more than was expected! While we didn't spend any time on the beautiful front porch (because we didn't want to leave our room!) but it was certainly very inviting. Hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: Most rooms appear to have fantastic jetted tubs, showers, and fireplaces. I don't think you can go wrong here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband & I have been coming here in April & November 4 years now. Best place ever.
Wanda, Tom and Kristen are the best hosts. They make us feel at home and so welcomed. The best place ever!!! Of course, the antique shopping is a plus and see you all in November. Stephane and Arthur Leonetti

Room Tip: Rooms are quaint and so beautiful!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Made a last minute trip out to Lancaster County on Labor Day weekend. Everything was great. Easy to find location on a quiet street, nice off-street parking... very nice atmosphere... warm greeting by Kristen.. smooth check in.. nicely decorated room with private porch. The common areas looked great. We had a nice dinner at Stoudt's Brewery up the street and great breakfast the next morning. Check out with the bonus travel box of goodies was a nice touch I've never had a previous B&B's before... This one is a def.. return to in the future. :-)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple