Black Forest Inn(Adamstown)
US$65
US$56
US$89
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$98
US$125
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssteam showerstewamber roomoff street parkingperson jacuzzicoffee stationbed and breakfastantique shoppinggas fireplaceeach morningfruit cupmy husband and i were lookingbedroom and bathroombreakfast was absolutely deliciouswonderful stayother gueststhoroughly enjoyed our stay
A TripAdvisor Member
Camp Hill, PA
Reviewed May 20, 2006

The room was rather nice but the connecting door to the adjacent room allowed all noise to come through. It clearly interferred with a quiet peaceful weekend. The owners never introduced themselves to us or thanked us for coming. The web site promised a complimentary bottle of champagne and cd if you are celebrating your anniversary - which we were and they were told. No champagne, no cd. Breakfast very disappointing - breads/muffins from mixes, cold cereal, fruit, and some cheese. I will not be returning.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 26, 2005

We were guests at the Amethyst Inn for two nights (one of the two inns that are about a block apart). We stayed in the Amber Room, which was gorgeous (see pic on website). Black wrought iron king bed with tons of pillows and bedding, giant spa tub, massage shower. And see-through fireplace in between the bedroom and bathroom!

We have a preschooler and toddler at home, so to get away for two nights is rare and relaxing! Amethyst Inn fit the bill. My husband spent some time reading on the beautiful porch, while I relaxed on the huge comfy bed or took a warm bath...heaven!

The innkeepers were very accessible and helpful. Breakfast was yummy - don't miss the hot chocolate with whipped cream! We liked the fact that although the dining room was intimate, the tables were separate, unlike a lot of B&B's. Just our preference - we get so little alone time we enjoyed the intimacy of a small table for two.

A nice touch was a bag of Ghiardelli chocolates or candies left on our pillows each day.

My only small disappointment - the website says that couples who are there for their anniversary (we were) will receive a complimentary bottle of bubbly and a romantic CD. I know they had our anniversary noted (I saw the reference card), but we never saw the bubbly or CD. I felt strange mentioning it to them so I let it go.

All in all, though, it was a great place to relax and get romantic! Lovely.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank Micky112
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 10, 2005

My girl and I stayed at the Amethyst Inn on New Year Eve for a nice quit getaway and we were not disappointed. We stay in the Ruby Suite that was nicely decorated, has two fireplaces one in the bed room and another in the sitting room. It also had a whirlpool tub for two and steam shower. The owners of the inn are very warm people and make feel like you are home. The breakfast was wonderful we had fresh fruit, cheese, homemade granola and homemade muffins. This a small Inn that pay special attention to detail you will not be disappointed. If you are in to antique shops there is vast number of shop around the area.
My girl friend and I can wait to go back again.

• Stayed: January 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 25, 2004

We stayed at the Amethyst Inn which is part of Adamstown Inn. The Inn keepers are down to earth- warm and friendly, informative-yet respect your privacy. Our room "the garnet room" was very romantic ...canopy king bed, fireplace, whirlpool tub for two and steam shower. We had a balcony outside our room with a swing. There is alot of attention to detail here. If your looking for a small Inn with special attention to detail and a place for romance this is it. There were chocolates on our bed when we arrived and danty flowers, crystal, and fresh fruit and homemade goodies , granola for breakfast- sherry, coffee,tea and hot chocolate and cookies were available at all times.
I like the fact that they had seperate tables for breakfast unlike alot of B&B's. There are numerous antique shops in area and 20mintues from Lancaster. About an hour from Gettysburg. Great, quiet location. Highly recommend. You will not be disappointed.

12  Thank kw1194