All reviews steam shower stew amber room person jacuzzi off street parking coffee station bed and breakfast antique shopping gas fireplace each morning my husband and i were looking bedroom and bathroom breakfast was absolutely delicious wonderful stay other guests quaint town thoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed September 13, 2018

it's a nice B&B, rooms are pretty big. the inn keeper Alice was wonderful, the breakfast was good and different, of course plenty of coffee. there's water and coffee all day and nite, the place overall is very nice. it's pretty close to restaurants and Antique shops.. rooms with Jacuzzi have bathrobes. its pretty cool, you have to drive up a very narrow driveway around 40-60 feet. Definitely we recommend. enjoy

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Alice I, Manager at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

It was such a pleasure to host you this past weekend. I am so glad you enjoyed breakfast and found Garnet to be just what you were looking for in a BnB. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with peaceful, clean, and comfortable rooms.
We look forward to helping you escape, relax, and refresh the next time we have the pleasure in hosting you.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Firefly cottage while in town for a wedding. We checked in at the Bed and Breakfast, which is within walking distance of both the cottages. Unfortunately, the weather was not nearly as nice as the cottage and we weren't able to enjoy the very nice garden between the two places. We had family staying at the Dragonfly and were able to peek in that cottage too.

Going in through the back door, you enter into a mud room that holds the washer and dryer and then you step through another door into the kitchen. The kitchen is well appointed with a full size frig, stove, etc. A cooked breakfast is not included in the cottage rental but there was a large selection of baked goods in a container in the refrigerator, fruit on the counter, a coffee pot with coffee and oj and milk in the refrigerator. Since there were seven of us all together we decided to make bacon and eggs and that was easy to do. Great set of pots and pans! There is also a dishwasher.

In addtion to the kitchen, there's a dining room with a table that seats 6- 8, and a nice little living room with a pull out sofa. Upstairs there are two nicely sized bedrooms, each with it's own bathroom. The master bedroom uses the large hall bathroom that has a big whirlpool tub, but no shower. The second bedroom with a queen bed has an ensuite bathroom with a very nice shower. It seemed a little funny to have the ensuite bathroom with the queen bed instead of the king, but that was fine. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very quiet.

My only reasons for giving this place four stars instead of five was the lack of a cooked breakfast and the surcharge of $50 for cleaning. The missing cooked breakfast is not mentioned on the cottage page of the website and in looking at the glowing reviews on tripadvior, some of the people in our group were looking forward to that. However, the market is literally down the street, as is the diner, so solving that problem was easily fixed. It clearly states on the bill as well as the cottage web page that a cleaning fee was mandatory, however I did not expect that we would have to collect our towels and start a load of laundry, sweep the floors, empty the trashcans, and load and start the dishwasher. I've stayed at several Bed and Breakfasts before and vacation rentals, and it's usually one or the other - you either pay a fee or you tidy up, not both.

All in all, our stay here was very nice and I would recommend it to other visitors.

Room Tip: Of the two cottages, Firefly has two full bathrooms. Both were very private but right next to each other.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Alice I, Manager at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Good day

Thank you for choosing Firefly Cottage & Dragonfly Cottage for your overnight needs in Adamstown PA. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I see you were disappointed with having to cook your own breakfast. That is a pretty standard objective when renting a full home stay. We do have a breakfast plan where you can purchase a hot breakfast at the Inn for an additional cost.
Our objective in offering a Prix Fix breakfast only at our cottages is to keep the cost of the rental price as low as we can.
We believe we are quite competitive in pricing, accommodations, and amenities.
We want our cottages to remain a family & pet friendly destination in Lancaster County.
Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is always good business to hear what our guests think.
Come stay and play at our Amethyst Inn sometime. We would love to pamper you.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

See earlier comments about fresh air. didn't use the Jacuzzi or steam. Walkable to town park.Host Alice was very accommodating to some special dietary needs. Plenty of books to borrow.good local dining options within a few miles

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alice I, Manager at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Thank you for choosing Amethyst Inn for your stay in Adamstown. "Laid back" are the perfect two words for anyone who is looking for overnight accommodations. That is actually how I hope everyone feels and says that stay with us and I get the pleasure to host. Our goal is for everyone to have a great experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Happy traveling.

Alice

Reviewed September 4, 2018

The Amethyst Inn is a beautiful home atop a hill. The Innkeeper, Alice, was a pleasure to deal with. She helped us find our way around town and recommended a restaurant.

We stayed in the Tudor Room, which has a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. The best feature of the room is the original grated standing furnace. Breakfast was delicious! And Alice didn't complain even though we were a little late for our sitting time (sorry, Alice!). The porch of the home is magnificent, large with comfy seating. The grounds have lovely mature plants and the atmosphere you get is that you are sitting atop of a quaint town.

The driveway can be a bit tricky for large vehicles as there are two large stone columns you must navigate between. But you can also park on the street below and carry your luggage up the front staircase, although I recommend navigating the driveway, where there is ample parking available at the top of the drive.

If you are into antiquing then Adamstown is for you!!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Alice I, Manager at Amethyst Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for choosing Amethyst Inn Bed & Breakfast for your overnight needs in Adamstown PA. It was a pleasure to meet, greet and host you. It was also my pleasure to make sure you had a good breakfast to get your day started. Thanks for the kind words about our love for our mature landscape, and comfortable Inn porch. It is truly a wonderful place to sit and relax.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

What a great little surprise. The Inn Keeper is wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and spacious. The breakfast was like none I have ever experienced at a B&B. We couldn't have found a better place in Adamstown.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much Dan. We were happy you booked and stayed with us. It was a pleasure to host you.

Travel Well, Alice