All reviewsroom was cleancracker barrel across the streetsausage and baconrite aidfront deskcenter valleyroom assignedwaffleshot and cold itemstwo nightswhirlpool tubdorney parkan older hotelbreakfast baraaa discountwould stay here againother hotels
Reviewed August 13, 2017

This is a good property. I picked after reading on a few review; but it turned out great. It is right after the Allentown/Harrisburg split on I 475 (toward Harrisburg). The hotel is clean and nice. Good, large breakfast area. The area around it is nice. There are a number of fast food, chain, and local restaurants around it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed August 11, 2017

I can't say I was very impressed overall.

Good things: clean room, comfortable bed (mattress, not sheets), spacious, convenient location, refrigerator/microwave/coffee maker in room

Not Good things: new towels had never been washed so inspection stickers came off everywhere, new sheets on bed so very stiff and uncomfortable or starch in laundry, cleaning staff arguing in the hallway two out of three days, slow internet, no back on the TV remote, slow elevator

We were there for two nights and didn't try the breakfast either day. There is a Cracker Barrel across the street so we went there instead.

We arrived on a Friday afternoon around 4:00. Check-in was pretty quick and when we got up to the room the hallway was filled with boxes. They were either supplies for refurbished rooms or cleaning supplies. The hallway had a faint odor of fresh paint. The cleaning staff saw us so they knew we were in the room. About thirty minutes later there were employees arguing in the hall about cleaning the rooms. One person in particular was very loud and cursing repeatedly about the working conditions and saying she was going to call out sick the next day. There was also a fairly loud exchange in the hallway on Sunday morning about working conditions, etc. We didn't enjoy overhearing any of that but I have to say that our room was very clean the entire time we were there. Cleaning wasn't done until early afternoon which worked for us on this trip.

Overall, staff didn't seem very helpful or friendly. (All staff not just cleaning staff.) So, it was great as far as a clean room, convenient location and comfortable bed (mattress, not sheets), but not great for overall ambiance. For the price, I wanted more. I think the scratchy, stiff sheets and staff tension are something I'll be happy to avoid and stay elsewhere next time.

I have to say, I would have been happy to share this information with anyone on staff who had asked. However, the person who appeared to be a cleaning staff supervisor and shared an elevator with us didn't speak to us. The person at the desk in the evenings also didn't speak to us as we walked by. And, the person who took my keys when we checked out didn't ask any questions about our stay. I was prepared to tell her but she clearly didn't have any time to talk to me.

After all that, I'm still giving this hotel a 3 because the things that really matter to me (cleanliness and bed comfort) were mostly good. I'd give it 2.5 if I could. We will not be staying there again mostly because of the overall staff attitude and tension. Maybe if it had been one quick overnight it would have been great (except for those stiff sheets and inspection stickers).

This is a convenient location just off the expressway and there are several restaurants - Cracker Barrel, Long John Silver's, Arbys and others - across the street.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rameyfamily
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was exactly what we needed it to be. While check in was not quite smooth (the employee was confused that the reservation was in my name but my husband was checking in), it was worked out reasonably quickly. The room was large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was well attended to and provided a nice variety including eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and pastries. There was plenty of parking. Would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgdMD
Reviewed June 22, 2017

My stay would have been much better if I had not been on a floor where they put the weekly workers and pets. All I could smell was very strong cleaner and freshener. To be honest it stunk!
Breakfast was your usual complimentary breakfast, both days with nothing but sausage as the meat. The eggs were rubber the first day, but had onion and green pepper the second day and were very good. I can't eat carbs and this is usually what continental breakfast consist of. I also enjoyed the greek yogurt.
The first night it was quite noisy after I went to bed, but the second night it remained quiet.
The bed was comfortable. The shower was nice, with hot water, but the tub did not drain and I ended up standing in 4 inches of scummy water.
My employer books my rooms so I don't have a choice, but if I did I would return. But, I would definitely be aware of what to expect also.

Room Tip: Stay away from the second floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen W
Reviewed June 11, 2017

We stayed overnight before an Iron Pigs baseball game (about 9 miles away). The staff was friendly at check in, check out and at breakfast. The room was clean with a small refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast included poached eggs, Belgian waffles, bacon, potatoes, donuts, cereal and bagels. For a Saturday night stay it was $135 (total).

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family