“this place sucks”

Quality Inn Allentown
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 30 May 2017

we get there we had requested first floor with tub and shower they put us in a handicapped room no tub the manager gave me all the reasons as to why we could use a shower as a tub put your wheelchair in the shower or use shower chair I told him the reason for a tub was so I could put my butt in the tub I hate showers so we are moved to a another room the commode was loose every time it was used you had fear it would shift one way speaking of commode it did get stopped up we reported it we come back late in afternoon our bed was made but they saved the unstopping for our embarrassment we pass 12-15 people we open our door here comes mr plumber and mr air freshner spraying heavily and ms maid trying to clean bathroom at least 5-6 others looked in for the show shouldn't this have been fixed as soon as we reported it first night I had to go get towels next day I asked for sheet change and clean towels of course the sheets were not changed next day I asked for clean sheets and towels we got sheets but no towels oh and the rate we paid was 100 dollars plus taxes this place should be no more than 50 a night ill never go back thank god

Room Tip: go somewhere else not worth the trouble
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Room was clean and spacious with a large window and a nice view of Lehigh valley. Bathroom looked recently renovated. Close to gas station and shops. Price was reasonable as well. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank WandaW0man
Reviewed 11 November 2016

Basic Choice hotel chain. Clean, spacious king-bed room. The fitness room is better than some, including a universal gym. The sink is outside of the bathroom. The elevator had a heavy cigarette smoke odour every time we used it.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia J
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Will definitely stay here again when in the area. Clean, Comfortable and Quiet. Very friendly, great coffee and breakfast. Very nice property for walking. Close to area shopping, fuel and freeway. Very secure and even has a guest laundry.

Room Tip: Clean, comfortable and quiet
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank CYNTHIA R
Reviewed 8 October 2016

We stayed on night in Room 103. The hotel was clean, quiet and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom had plenty of light, good water pressure and was well stocked with clean and fluffy towels. There was sufficient lighting for bedside reading. A mall and restaurants are less than two miles away just up the interstate.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George M
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Three times a day for the 5 days I was STUCK at this hotel for my company business meeting, the front desk staff or cleaning people walked into my room without knocking. They knocked AFTER THEY OPENED THE DOOR AND WERE ALREADY INSIDE the room. I put a Do not disturb tab in the door and locked the bolt. They still continued to bang on the door every morning to wake me up to "count" how many people were in the room. NEVER cleaned or vacuumed the room while I was there, even when I was out at meetings.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I decided to stay in Allentown since it was only 90 miles from NY City and the hotel cost about 1/5 of NYC rates. The good ratings on Trip Advisor led me to stay at the Quality Inn. This place deserves the good ratings it has. The place is clean and quiet. The paint seemed fresh. The wi-fi bandwidth was adequate and the staff helpful. The breakfast was standard Quality Inn fare, well done (what was supposed to be hot was hot. what was supposed to be cold was cold. They were not out of anything.

Remember, this is a budget hotel chain, so set your expectations accordingly, but within that context, this one was top notch.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo