“Great BBQ”
Review of Queen City BBQ

Queen City BBQ
Ranked #47 of 517 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: US$18 - US$23
Description: Queen City BBQ (QCB) is the newest addition to Bayou Boys Hospitality Group. Located in the heart of Allentown across from the PPL Center QCB offers daily smoked meats, a full-service indoor/outdoor bar, shuffleboard, jukebox & private room. Housemade ice cream is a great finish to any meal at QCB and the frozen drinks will keep you cool all summer long!
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

A couple of us were staying next door at the Renaissance Hotel and walked over here for dinner twice in the past week. I had a traditional brisket sandwich and it was awesome. Everyone we were with enjoyed their meal and I’m sure we will stop again before we leave town. The service was awesome the first dinner, the second time we stopped it was pretty poor but I won’t let that reflect its star rating. The food is great. The service is hit or miss.

Date of visit: March 2018
Alex K, General Manager at Queen City BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Thank you for the great review, Nautique210!

We're happy you had a pleasant experience with us! It's lovely you enjoyed our delicious cuisine so much. That's what we like to see! However, we regret that our service didn't meet your expectations. We endeavor to offer a top-notch experience for our guests so we'll be sure to discuss your concerns moving forward.

We look forward to hosting you again soon for an even better experience! Have a lovely day!

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have visited QC BBQ in the past for drinks which is always fun This is our first time having dinner with friends. The Brisket is amazing! Perfect smoke and portion. Don’t forget to try the brisket pierogies. Juan our server was great. Overall a delicious and happy experience.

Date of visit: February 2018
Alex K, General Manager at Queen City BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Thanks for the great review, John!

We're happy your time with us was so wonderful! We care about our guests so we strive to offer the highest levels of service as well as fresh and delicious food. It's fantastic you enjoyed our mouthwatering dishes so much and that our team took such good care of you. That's what we like to see!

We can't wait to see you again soon so we can share another excellent experience with you! Have a stellar day!

Reviewed February 4, 2018

This was an excellent dining experience. Excellent BBQ. I had the Cuban. I'll have it again after I eat my way through the menu. This place is that good. A Must before a show across the street at PPL or just want a nice dinner or lunch. Good for business clients. Clean. Well trained staff. I'm a regular... but dont take my stool. Reservations are recommended.

Date of visit: December 2017
Alex K, General Manager at Queen City BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Thank you for the excellent review, Jon!

It's outstanding you had such an amazing experience with us! We're delighted you enjoyed our fresh and delicious dishes so much and that our team made you feel welcome. We aim to please and your praise lets us know we're doing our job!

We look forward to hosting you again soon for another stellar experience! Have a lovely day!

Reviewed February 3, 2018

What restaurant turns you away on a Friday night at 5:15pm?!?!? Answer Queen City BBQ...My son and I drove up through traffic from Philadelphia to go to a Phantoms game at the PPL center. We got there early so that we could get some eat before the game, seeing a line out the door at Chickies and the fact that it was 14 degrees out we walk back to Queen City BBQ. When we got there we were freezing and eager to get something to eat, but to our surprise when we spoke to the host he told they had NO TABLES FOR TWO PEOPLE AND SENT US ON OUR WAY!!! WHAT CENTER CITY RESTAURANT SENDS PEOPLE AWAY ON A FRIDAY NIGHT?!? They did not even want to take our name!!! So If you don't have reservations you can't get into a BBQ restaurant that is across from a major venue?!?! Ridiculous!!! So we went back out in the freezing cold looking for something to eat and ended up at some "famous"cheesesteak place that was suppose to be good but it was safe to say they don't know what a cheese steak is in Allentown. So don't think that you are going to be able walk in QUEEN CITY BBQ you to make RESERVATIONS

Date of visit: February 2018
Alex K, General Manager at Queen City BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

Hello Andrea, we appreciate you sharing feedback from your dining experience at Queen City BBQ. We have private messaged you on TripAdvisor in the hopes of connecting with you to learn more about your time at our restaurant. If you have a few minutes, if you could please look at our private message and get back to us, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to chat. We look forward to hopefully connecting with you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

Awesome get together with close friends. I had the brisket pierogies and they were delicious. it came 4 in an order and I was a little nervous that there wouldn't be enough as my main meal but I was pleasantly surprised at how big they were and how filling they were. Definitely will get again their drink specials are awesome and my friends definitely enjoyed themselves. We got a lot of help from the manager named Ryan who accommodated for our large group he's awesome!

Date of visit: January 2018
Alex K, General Manager at Queen City BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful review, Venice!

We're thrilled your time with us was so fantastic! We strive to offer top-notch service alongside our mouthwatering dishes and your praise lets us know we're doing our job. That's what we like to see! We look forward to hosting you again soon for another amazing experience!

Have a beautiful day!