“Pregaming”
Review of 99 Bottles

99 Bottles
Ranked #319 of 494 Restaurants in Allentown
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

This has become our pregame spot before Phantoms games. Great bear selection and good eats! Nice atmosphere too!

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Went here tonight before TSO concert based on decent reviews.
Thought we had lucked out being seated almost immediately a little before 6p We watched restaurant fill within 10minutes or so after we sat.
Waitress took drink order, brought glasses of water quickly. That’s only thing that occurred quickly.
Waited 15 mins for a below mediocre margarita. Yes I know they are a beer place but how hard is it to make an average margarita. Gave our order for food when drinks came, around 6:15 or so. Nothing complicated 1 soup of the day, the tacos with brisket and the pulled pork sandwich.
Waited...
Waited....
No refill on water since we sat down, no checking by waitress
Waited....
Finally around 7:10 our food arrives. French onion soup was ok. Brisket in tacos bit over cooked and dry, my pulled pork sandwich barely luke warm.
Home made chips were excellent! Best part of meal.
Place seemed overwhelmed and under prepared for crowd surge all at once.
Won’t go back.

2  Thank Mary Fran L
Reviewed November 10, 2017

I went tonight to 99 Bottles as we're in a hotel around the corner, and the online menu looked right up my alley. Weird, but I was the only customer in there - on a Friday night. So, I ordered the dish I had researched - the Mac attack, supposedly slathered in lager cheese sauce with juicy brisket on top. The brisket came as a stringy ring. The mac 'n cheese was obviously warmed up with no extra sauce (so, it was dry) and refrigerator burn on it. Pretty disappointing for a $20 meal, sorry - was really hoping for better.

1  Thank Vincent P
Reviewed September 18, 2017

We stopped in before a show at the PP&L Center. We ordered the following;
Deviled eggs - yuck
wings - ok
pulled pork sandwich - ok
nachos - double yuck
The eggs were not very tasty and they were all "botched up" like you'd make them at home. Like they had a hard time peeling them.
The nachos were the absolute worst. There was a plate full of nachos that tasted like they came from the dollar store. Just a dried plain flavor. Not really any sauce or toppings on them at all. Just awful. My brother ordered a beer. Not sure which beer it was but he didn't like that either. I only gave it a 3 because the staff were polite and fast and attentive. Otherwise it would have been a 2 just for the two food items that were ok and that it's a great location when attending the center. I won't be going back and I won't be suggesting it to anyone. Sorry 99 Bottles.

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

99 bottles truly has the best variety of beer available. They have a few choices on tap, but are better known for their bottle selection.