New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport

Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel but pay for breakfast?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Very nice and clean hotel and all amenities. Pool was nice and clean. Rooms were clean, etc. Staff was helpful and friendly. I just don't understand why only certain hotels in this chain provide breakfast and include it in the price of the room and others charge you. I always chose this chain because a hot breakfast was included and more recently I have been charged for breakfast. I may have to go and choose another chain that will include it for the price I pay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BHgymteach
HGIABA, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for your review about our property! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and service.

We are grateful to hear you prefer Hilton Garden Inn's, as we take pride in the loyalty of our frequent guest's.

Similar to Courtyard's by Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn brands do offer a Full Hot American Breakfast Buffet, which prices for this buffet vary throughout the U.S. This buffet is unlimited and includes eggs cooked to order, a waffle station, pancakes, fresh fruit, cereals, breads, hot oatmeal and so much more.
From time to time on our Brand website - Hilton packages our Breakfast in with lodging accommodations to offer a better value for the customer. Next time you are searching for accommodations, please feel free to log onto our website first and see what type of specials are running.

Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

My Hilton Honors reservation was ready & waiting when I arrived. The staff was always friendy and willing to offer help. Fast breakfast service with excellent choices.

I was waiting for the front desk receptionist to grab my complimentary bottle water when a kitchen staff saw my voucher, came back and said "Here, have 2 bottles".

Rooms were clean & quiet. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. (There is a pool & hot tub)

Room Tip: I heard the front of the hotel is better. My colleage said there is occaisional truck noise in back.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David_1958_NY
HGIABA, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for being such a loyal guest and participating in the Hilton Honors Program. We always enjoy seeing familiar faces and giving back to our guests!

We appreciate the positive feedback you provided on our property. We look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us again.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed here last weekend for a mini vacation to Blue Mountain. This hotel is extremely convenient to Blue Mountain and you basically have to take a right out of the hotel and drive 15 miles and you are there! The hotel is also very close to many eating establishments (Red Robin will deliver and is in the parking lot). The staff was great and very helpful, especially the breakfast server, who was super nice!
The rooms were fine. Very clean but needed an update. I noticed many shortcomings in the room and bathroom that could be fixed fairly easily. But please do not take my criticisms too hard. I would stay here again and feel very comfortable, it just would be nice to have new rooms and pool area.

The pool area was fine. Small pool and hot tub in need of updating also.

I would stay here for business or a short trip but would not want to stay for more than a few days.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank angelambudd
Thank you for your feedback regarding our property! We appreciate the positivity and the fact that you enjoyed your stay.

We are working hard to upgrade our guest rooms in the very near future, so we trust you will try us again and be satisfied with those upgrades.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you back again, soon - their are still many great weekends left to ski!
Hillsboro, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

I've been there for a week now and that was the answer I got from the front desk when asked why hasn't the internet been fixed in two days. They advertise high-speed internet (as it is customary in the 21st century) but for two nights in a row I measured under 100Kbps bandwidth available for download (using various internet speed test meters)

Last night it looked like it was finally fixed but, after 10pm when everyone in the hotel starts using their laptops you can barely send emails - jsut like in the late 90's on dialup. I had to cancel all my skype conference calls. Impossible to watch anything online either. You'd have to wait for 15minutes for a song to load on youtube.

In most of latin America you get better broadband internet service. It's unbelivable that a hotel like Hilton, IN THE US, would be that cheap to buy a DSL link (for $30 a month) and let all their guests share it. I won't go into the technicals (ony a 802.11b wiFi connection) but, my 80 year old neighbour has a better wireless network setup at home. That's how much Hilton cares about their business customers.

I was planning to be there for an entire month. The lady at the front desk told me that I get only 2 complimentary water bottles for the entire stay. I politely refused

The pool is 12ft LONG. Why bother to build a pool in which one can only swim two strokes each way?! You basically can only bathe in it! There is no place to change in order to get into the pool either. Do I put a towel around me and take my underware off? ...at the Hilton? For ~$150 a night?

Room Tip: Avoid a room with a view to the backyard. It's a truck parking lot or something and there's...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for offering us your honest feedback regarding our property.

We sincerely apologize for the internet problems you experienced while you were staying with us in January. Unfortunately, we had requested an internet upgrade through Hilton and were in the process of having it granted while you were in house.

Since your last stay with us, we have upgraded our internet speed to 10MB, we hope this will resolve any past issues our guests have experienced, thus, we truly hope you will come and stay with us again.

Additionally, in 2012 & 2013 we will begin renovations on our lobby, guest rooms and business center. We hope you appreciate and take into consideration we are taking the proper measures to satisfy our loyal guests, like yourself.

Thank you once again for your feedback and let us know if we may do anything else for you!
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

My partner is a Diamond HHonors member and this was our first time staying at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and we got vouchers for breakfast. I thought that we were going to get a king size bed but we got two full size beds instead. We would have liked a king size bed. I don't know if there were any available but we didn't bother to ask. We used one bed for our belongings and the other to sleep on. Two people in a full size bed doesn't give much room but it was okay. The room was really clean. We decided to go down to the pool and the hot tub for a while. The hot tub was nice but the indoor pool was kind of chilly so we didn't get in, I thought it was a heated pool. The breakfast was pretty good. My partner got a waffle and I got just eggs and bacon. There was a menu that you could order from as well. The hotel staff there were really nice and came back to us often. We left a tip for them. Overall I say this was a pretty good hotel and we will be staying here in the future if we come back to Allentown.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor it was okay. Just a little truck noise from the place next to us.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank flightboi
HGIABA, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback on your most current stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Bethlehem Airport.

We appreciate your feedback and take everything into great consideration - Upon your next stay with us, please do not hesitate to ask if we have any Deluxe King's available, we would be happy to accommodate.

Thank you again!
Mt. Cobb, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I am a Gold HHonors member and prefer to stay at HGI's or Embassy Suites. This one was pretty good. Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room. The breakfast was ok. But I cannot give it a 5. The fan in the heating unit in my room was loud when it ran. I've had much better breakfasts in other HGI's I have stayed at. The place just seems to be lacking character.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TrayBN
Bolingbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Nice rooms, lovely lobby, pleasant staff. Had issue in room and they took care of it promptly. Bed comfortable but do not like the sheepskin like top of mattress on evolution bed. Seems like a germ magnet to me. Evolution bed not that impressive (try Westin's heavenly beds).
Rooms with good set up for business with plugs at desk level and decent lighting. Free wi-fi has decent speed and is reliable.
Lovely pool and jacuzzi. Morning breakfast decent as part of a package but don't plan on being able to use it if you have early meetings on the weekends! Breakfast is $8.95 if not part of package deal.
Many restaurants within walking distance and shopping nearby. Also near airport and Rte 22. King rooms have microwave and refrigerator in addition to coffee maker. I did not encounter any noise problems with room facing parking lot. A/C is kind of noisy but I found it tolerable.
Appreciated the more upscale Neutrogena bath products and softer towels!
Parking tight especially if coming in late but it's free. I recommend hotel but would pick a queen room (that don't have evolution beds) instead.

Room Tip: If non-smoker, pick 3rd floor higher room numbers to not be subject to smoke from 4th floor! This h...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Debi S
HGIABA, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you for the positive comments about our hotel!

We take great pride in our hotel, however, we do apologize you were not fond of our Garden Sleep System Bedding, as per Hilton Brand Standard, our bedding is designed from 100% New Zealand virgin wool to help create a plush layer that assists in regulating body temperature.

We do hope you give us a try again next time you are visiting the Allentown, PA area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
17.2 km away
4.8 km away
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
#2 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Allentown-Bethlehem Airport? Share your experiences!