“Authentic Jamaican food!”
Review of Island In The Sun

Island In The Sun
Ranked #102 of 517 Restaurants in Allentown
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

Five of us popped in for lunch and were pleasantly surprised at the authentic flavors. Lunch specials are $8-9 and come with meat, rice and beans, veggies and fried plantain. We tried the jerk chicken, brown chicken, curry and oxtail stew. All were very tasty. Also had the beef patty and salt fritters. Yum yum. Check this place out if you are in town!

Reviewed June 16, 2017

My boyfriend and I was pleasantly surprised of how good the food was . Me being Jamaican I am very particular with the taste of Caribbean food . Him and I both had the curry chicken and brown rice with plantains. The customer service was fast and friendly. We were on vacation, but I would go back whenever I'm in the area.

Reviewed June 17, 2016

The Jamaican food was not as spicy as expected. It was quite good. Expected some Caribbean music, but instead had a large screen TV with the news.

Reviewed February 28, 2016

I have eaten lunch at Island in the Sun several times, mostly only for lunch, but you can get an evening meal at lunch prices that will fill you up with great tasting food. My first lunch was just the fried fish and chips but even that was a great start. I think it was Tilapia - done just right. Since then I have had the Jerk Lamb, Curry Goat, and Jerk Pork. Each time with "dirty rice". This is awesome food, folks. The jerk is very spicy but in a flavorful way, not a painful mouth-full-of-hot way. The lamb portion was very satisfying and the meat was just that - meat. Not lots of fat and connective tissue which can be the case.

I now try to make this an every Friday lunch outing.

Reviewed October 16, 2015

We have eaten here on multiple occasions, and the food has been excellent each time. We have our favorites - oxtails, escovitch chicken and of of course the jerk. I brought my parents here, who were born and raised in Jamaica, and they gave it two thumbs up!

Also, we recently had a great example of their service. We had a friend who was catering a party and wanted to have some large trays of Jamaican food for their event on short notice (same day). We called the restaurant and the owner answered the phone, and after explaining the dilemma, he said "no problem". Later that afternoon, he had 4 or so trays of Jamaican food ready for the event. The food turned out to be a big hit. Great food and great service, what else can you ask for!