“Excellent ambience”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The restaurant itself was well set up and the decor was excellent. I enjoyed the show provided at the Hibachi tables, however, our food was a bit bland; even soy sauce on the rice and one of the sauces over the meat didn't improve the basic taste much.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I've eaten here a couple of times and would have to say I like other places in the Valley better. It's not that this place is bad, but it definately does not excel in any areas. The food is pretty good, but when I don't come away thinking anything draws me back to a place, it's tough for me to give it a great review. You won't be disappointed in the food here, just don't expect to be wowed either.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Friends and I went out to dinner last night just to catch up and have a pleasant night out. We went to Teppan for the full Hibachi dinner, drinks, and appetizers. First, we had green tea and Shumai. The dipping sauce for the Shumai was tangy and can definitely clear the sinuses! My friend who does not like spicy enjoyed the Shumai plain, without sauce. Next, we had the 4 course Hibachi dinner which was delicious! The soups and salads were of usual, opening courses quality - good, but very similar to any other Hibachi place. The dinner itself was delicious - I had the chicken Hibachi dinner, which was juicy and tender. Our chef was fabulous! We shared a table with a family and the chef nicknamed everyone! We enjoyed the show as well! The restaurant is beautifully decorated and very clean and comfortable. The bar area is very cute and they had a pianist playing fun, catchy tunes all night. There's nothing more fun then enjoying an after-dinner drink with friends while someone plays the theme-song to "Cheers". Overall, a great night, full bellies, and a great place to catch up with friends.

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Teppan is ok, but the last time I was there I contracted a mild case of food poisoning from the shrimp tempura. Other people I know have gotten sick there as well. Better to stick with a1 Japanese hibachi over at the south mall in emmaus.

Reviewed April 2, 2010

I have been to many hibachi places. This one was a bit different, partly because of the atmosphere and partly because of the staff. The chef was both a great cook and extremely funny, and our waitress was nice and did a good job. This was our second time there, but the first time we ate the hibachi meal. It was on par with the impressive quality of the rest of the food. Though the differences between hibachi places aren't huge, Teppan has earned our business with their slight edge.

1  Thank alpha03