“Nice Atmosphere. Ok Food.”
Review of Chickie's & Pete's

Chickie's & Pete's
Ranked #135 of 517 Restaurants in Allentown
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Its a fun place to go because of all of the sports memorabilia, but the menu is very limited and the service was pretty bad. The food did not take long to get to us, but after that we were forgotten about. Our waitress just walked by several times and when we couldn't find her, we could see her across the street smoking. Everybody deserves a break, but the glacial speed in which she traveled was frustrating. Why do I have to fight for my check?

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Tasty food! The Crabfries were the perfect appetizers, along with the cheese and sweet maple dipping sauce. The Crabcake Sandwich and Lobster Roll were delicious. The pepperoni and bacon thin crust pizza pie had a lot of taste, but the dough tasted like tortilla. The restaurant was clean, spacious and well decorated. Lots of TVs!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 8, 2018

Was in the Philly area for a long weekend and looking for a casual place for dinner-maybe grab a cheesesteak before heading back home to Florida. Arrived about 4:30 for an early dinner and was told there'd be an hour and a half wait AN HOUR AND A HALF?!?!?! Decided to stay since we were there already and too cold to wander the town looking for someplace else. Finally seated and had order taken with food to follow shortly. Philly cheese steaks were skimpy and had very little grilled onions even after asking for them. The filling on both my wife and my sandwich fell out of the bun the first time we picked our sandwich up. Most places use buns that are hinge-cut...not cut all the way through. Not so here. Our table got absolutely NO silverware so there was nothing to pick up the sandwich filling with other than what God had provided for us. My son's chicken sandwich wasn't much better as it appeared to be sloppy and just kind of thrown together. Granted, the food arrived hot as the policy is here is to bring each item out as soon as it's prepared. A little awkward to begin eating with six other people watching with nothing of their own. Fries were good but the white sauce that came with them was tasteless, kind of like warm glue. There's a lot to be said for ketchup! The whole place was extremely loud and packed with people waiting for the hockey game next door to start. Next time I'm in the area I'll opt for Gino's where the food's better, a lot less greasy and I can get served in less than five minutes

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank StephRan
Reviewed March 5, 2018

My wife and I and our son attended a Phantoms game this weekend and stopped here for dinner before the game. The other restaurant we were going to eat at was closed because of the snow storm. The service was ok, food mediocre and it's loud. Not the most family friendly place as it has more of a bar atmosphere. Food is greasy bar food. I'd eat somewhere else if possible. Prices are ok and it's convenient if going to a game or concert. That's all it has going for it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 4, 2018

The hubs and I ended up here because he loves crinkle fries and cheesesteaks. Our waiter Wesley was very attentive and suggested items that are popular and we were not disappointed. So we ordered the crab fries with cheese sauces and boy were they good. I’m not normally a fan of crinkle fries, but these were tasty, especially with the cheese. My husband ordered the Ultimate Tailgate burger, which is a cheeseburger with a crab cake on top. He enjoyed it. I got the Lobster Philly Cheesesteak. This combines two of my favorite foods. The lobster was in cheese sauce and acted as a topping for the steak. It was really quite good. Since we were at the PPL Center and parked in the garage we asked if they validate parking. Wesley checked and the manager said they didn’t have any more tickets to give us, but took off $6 from our bill! That was above and beyond. Turns out our parking only cost us $1.50 so we made out on that deal. I would go back to this restaurant without any hesitation. In fact, I’d like to try the Lobster pizza…

Date of visit: December 2017