“The sheets had wet stains, halls were filthy, simply gross. Don't do it!”

Rodeway Inn Allentown
Ranked #29 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“The sheets had wet stains, halls were filthy, simply gross. Don't do it!”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Had there been another hotel close by at 9:00 pm, I would have left and gone elsewhere. The smoke alarm kept beeping for a new battery so we disconnected it. The TV had a lousy picture, poor lighting--but the icing on the cake was the stains on the top sheet and the obviously slept in bottom sheet and a pubic hair on the handtowel. Grossed me out. We got our room changed, but I'd NEVER stay there again or recommend it. Pathetic! I'm only hoping there weren't bed bugs!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank annehassel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My family and I booked an overnight stay at this Econolodge for 10/16/10. When we checked in the room was apparently changed and we were assigned room #105. The heater was broken. Mgmt changed us to #102. At first, we thought we were getting bitten by mosquitos, but one of my kids saw a red dot moving and the bedding and I found one crawling on my shirt. My wife and I reported this o mgmt who denied knowledge of the bugs and quickly offered to refund my fee if I did not eport the incident. I have reported this incident to Choicehotels and the Allentown Health Department. My family and I cannot have been the only victims of this hotel. though, we have stayed at this hotel in the past, I currently looks like a hotsheets hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank gmtthws101
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 July 2010

my son was playing in a lax tourn over the weekend and booked this hotel for 2 nights because all other hotels near the lax fields were booked as i was told thru hotel planner.also was told thru hotel planner this place is nice and he knew the area and that i would like the econo lodge.booked room at 5:57pm and was told go online check out room if u dont like call back and cancel.after going online and reading reviews called back at 6:10pm and was told could not cancel after 6:00pm without being charged a nights rate.argued for about an hour with hotel planner,talking to one person after another.not to add was told sir there is no problem with u canceling just we can not waive the rate of one night.wtf so we get there and all the reviews were true.very loud trains run all night,dirty rugs in hallways and room,sheets had hair ,wht crust and blood splatters,pillows were so flat i thought it was just a pillow case and the smell of the place was like a wet dog,strange activity going on in parking lot,towels had holes in them.at this time my wife is in tears saying we are not staying here its about 3am now,oh did i forget to say got a flat tire driving up to this dump.we were going to sleep in truck for night but was not safe outside so ripped off sheets and used our own towels as sheets and blanket for child as wife and i did not sleep watching over child.we ended up getting to cancel the next night and got lucky to get a room at the days inn.i was told by econo i should see my visa debt to be credited within next 48hours for the second day,i'm sure thats going to be a problem.we are back home now and i guess i'll be sleeping on the couch for this one.ha ha.PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS REVIEW AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank lax32
Lopez, WA
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Run away as fast as you can from this filthy, health hazard. We were traveling late and were stuck for a hotel and exhausted. From the greeting on things were not good. The place was unkempt and there were questionable people around. We walked into the hotel unit (separate from the office) and immediately were hit with 'the smell' I have no frame of reference to describe it. There was also a recently emptied beer can at the foot of the stairs which was like scaling the side of a cliff. We should have turned around then but were exhausted and felt unsafe to drive further. The room was disgusting. As in other reviews no hot water even after running 10 minutes, filthy toilet with a 'sanitized for your safety' paper strip slung over the seat, filthy walls, dirty sheets, gross bedspreads, ratty curtains, 1 coffee packet and 1 creamer packet. I was horrified that I had just PAID to stay here. My 8 year old was in tears and we had to retrieve blankets from the car and sleep on top of the bedding which one had the feeling were maybe used several times that day. I have never had such a bad hotel experience. I paid $72.99, more than at better CLEAN hotels on our trip. This place is shady and unsafe for any length of habitation. Stay FAR-FAR away!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lopezrocks
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2009

This was, by far, the worst place we had ever booked to stay at. We were on our way to a Phillies game from NY and stopped in Allentown to stay the night. The rooms were roughly $100 each, which we thought was steep. As our family neared our room, we found the "Carpet Fresh" smell too much to handle. The maintenance man ended up telling us in the hallway that a patron had left the toilet overflowing all night and he had just cleaned the room, which is why we were smelling "Carpet Fresh." He proceeded to let us into our room, which just happened to be the room with the broken toilet and the soggy carpet! He told us again that he had just cleaned the room and that the carpet was still damp. My husband said, "no way." Soggy carpet aside, the room/building was/were disgusting. The building was surrounded by shady characters... we think we even spotted "women of the night." We went back to the front desk and demanded our money back and the man at the desk kept saying "I'll give you a king sized room." He was very rude...slamming the pen and paper. He was obviously irritated about our departure. Finally, we got our money back, sped off and didn't look back. We still cannot get that smell out of our noses! Whatever you do, don't go there! Please.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank speechteach13626
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 July 2009

me and my lady friend stayed here, the room had dirty used condoms on side of bed the air conditioner didnt work and the toilet kept overflowing, do yourself and your partner a favor and stay away from this place.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank holyroller001
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 February 2009

My boyfriend and I went there on Valentine's Day to Get away. On the phone the guy told me $99.99 I argued, because on the website it says $79.99. We got there and he charged us $110. It was not worth it! Cigarette burns on tub, microwave, and all over the sheets. Cobwebs all over. My boyfriend awoke with a bug in his drink! Stains on the carpet. The light was broken. The glass over the painting was cracked...that's real safe! There were also, mysterious dripping stains on the wall next to the bed. Also! The complimentary Breakfast consisted of one Nutrigrain bar! Not worth even $50! Although it was [--], we made the best of it and laughed at all of the hotels faults. We didn't let it ruin our Day of Love.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SammySpite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allentown
3.2 km away
Knights Inn Center Valley
#1 of 1 in Center Valley
3.4 km away
Renaissance Allentown Hotel

Been to Rodeway Inn Allentown? Share your experiences!