“The Sign Out Front Read "Cook Wanted"-Truer Words Were Never Spoken!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casey's Family Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Allison Park
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 17, 2018

Recently my wife and I had dinner at Casey's Family Restaurant on Route 8 in Allison Park. The interior of the restaurant was immediately different than what I had pictured....essentially a room from the 60's or 70's that was all tables, no booths. Oh well, I thought....some of the best places I've ever eaten at were small ma and pa establishments that were short on decor, but long on flavor and value. We were promptly greeted, by a friendly waitress. The menu itself is large, with a lean toward Italian dishes. I ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo with the Twice Baked Potato Soup, and my wife ordered the Fettuccine with Imitation Crab, with coleslaw. As we entered the restaurant I noticed on their highway margue sign the words "Cook Wanted". I should have taken that as an omen of the food to come. The Twice Baked Potato soup was interesting. It was more of a porrage than a soup. You literally could stick your spoon in it and it wouldn't move. It was chock full of potatoes, but lacked flavor. My wife's coleslaw was also interesting. Most likely homemade, it was essentially mayonnaise with shredded greens. Neither one of us has had a more "mayonnaise" saturated coleslaw than this night's. As for the fettuccine, the noodles were good, but it swam in a liquid sauce totally inconsistent with traditional fettuccine's I've had elsewhere. The fettuccine could have actually been billed more as a soup than the Twice Baked Potato Soup I had. The amount of liquid was startling! It was close to Chicken Noodle Soup without the chicken to give a visual description. To salvage the meal, I can say that the coffee and bread was very good, and the service was excellent and extremely pleasant. As mentioned earlier, the highway sign said it all: "Cook Wanted"....for on this night, virtually all aspects of the food was poor....from the soup to the coleslaw to the fettuccine. A real disappointment. I can't see us returning anytime soon when the North Hills is booming with many new quality eateries. For Casey's survival, hopefully they find their cook soon!

1  Thank Twistedintheburgh

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Very happy that this is so close by. Great place for people of all ages. Their wedding soup was hearty and full of meatballs. My kids also loved the meatball calzone. Staff was super friendly and we will for sure be returning.

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

The good- it was an easy very reasonably priced dinner out with the kids. It also was a fun laid back atmosphere and our waitress was very nice.
The food was what you pay for- not to many healthy options. I got the spaghetti with marinara sauce and the sauce was very watery without much flavor. That said the kids did like their pizza.

Reviewed March 25, 2016

Although the bar/restaurant is named Casey's and you would expect an Irish flair, the menu and dinners were a combination of American and Italian food. The TVs had the assortment of sports and the restaurant is separated from the bar. Good food but nothing that special. The draft beer selection had two craft beers. The waitress was very helpful and attentive.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

people and staff very friendly food always great with plenty to take home very little wait time unless you go on weekend from Friday to sunday everyone comes here cause its a great place to meet friends and family for a reasonable night out...