“Great Meal and Service”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ardmore Avenue
Reviewed June 23, 2017

My husband took me here for my birthday and I know we will be back. When we arrived, mention that we had parked down the street in another stores parking spot, he recommended we move or could be towed. After seating me, he went out back to the parking lot behind the restaurant and helped my husband find a spot. Delicious meal. We shared the Charcuterie Plate (3 great cheeses and 3 pates, along with many sides) and couldn't decide what we liked best as they were all wonderful. For dinner he had the duck leg special and I the scallop special. Both came out hot and we cleared our plates. For dessert we shared a crème brulee and a crepe. Since this is a BYOB, you can keep your cost down

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Food was very good. Pate sampler would have been more enjoyable if the runner, or even our waiter Daniel, had spent two seconds to tell which was which. The runner dumped the platter and practically ran away. Daniel took our order and then disappeared until we were almost done with our entrees. "How is everything?" I felt like saying finished but but my tongue. His lack of a sense of humor would never had understood the sarcasm. The Dover Sole was excellent by the way as was the trout.

The most solicitous of the wait staff was the kind man who got us settled in, opened our wine and brought our bread for us. Too bad he wasn't our waiter.

Daniel was almost even reluctant to ask if we wanted dessert. He was in the process of handing us the check and then said "oh did you want to hear about the dessert?"

Just terrible service. We always tip generously (22-25%) as our three kids were in the industry and we truly appreciate how hard the work is. But I didn't feel that the staff even earned their 15%.

Reviewed May 28, 2017

We have passed this restaurant many times and decided to finally try this after a movie. It is a BYOB. We walked in at around 9:00 without reservations and were seated immediately. There is a parking lot in the back. The dining area was about 25% filled and we opted to sit at a table in the bar area. Feeling of a French bisto right down to window treatment. Food was very good. My friend had the duck which was excellent and I had the pate plate. The after dinner pastry was worth the calories. I would go back. There were specials on the menu .Background music was a great fit. I wold go back.

Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

Always a treat to go to A La Madison for dinner!
We love the muscles and French fries
And we love the Chicken
Mary Lane

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

Restaurant used to be a local gem. Today they were overwhelmed by Mother's Day crowd and could not keep up. Service, what service? Wait for prebooked sitting was 25 min, wait to order, wait for clean glass, wait, wait, wait. List is endless. Food was not warmed up from the refrigerator. To ask for replacement was hopeless. May be they are good when there are no visitors, but today they moved to the bottom of my list.