“Food is always delicious”
Review of A la Maison Bistro

A la Maison Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
A la Maison Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 98 Restaurants in Ardmore
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ardmore Avenue
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We love to go to A La Maison.
Our server was very thoughtful and helpful
We will be returning many times this year
Mimi

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Paris remains my favorite city on earth, mostly because the French understand how to make food an experience, much like A la Maison. The Parisian style restaurant has a cozy feel and all the amenities to make your experience complete. I like the fact that this establishment is a byob, giving you the chance to set your own pallet.

The appetizers are great, I recommend the cheese board and pate. I have ordered both the duck and beef, both were fantastic, cooked perfectly.

As much as I enjoy Parc in Rittenhouse Square, this place is more authentic, so take a trip to Ardmore.

Buon Appetite.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 6:30pm. We started with the Salade Maison which was lightly dressed and just the right amount. 2 different breads sliced. Dinner was 2 med to large crab cakes of lump crabmeat, no filler, and carrots with asparagus. The other meal was a wonderful Rattatouille. Desert: one large slice of Cheesecake with fresh berries and a Crème Brûllée. Atmosphere was pleasant. Noise level started at 9 pm but then they were crowded.
In the 9 years they have been here it was my first visit. I viewed the lunch menu as well and will return. The food was fantastic. Best Crabcakes around.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

My husband took me here for my birthday and I know we will be back. When we arrived, mention that we had parked down the street in another stores parking spot, he recommended we move or could be towed. After seating me, he went out back to the parking lot behind the restaurant and helped my husband find a spot. Delicious meal. We shared the Charcuterie Plate (3 great cheeses and 3 pates, along with many sides) and couldn't decide what we liked best as they were all wonderful. For dinner he had the duck leg special and I the scallop special. Both came out hot and we cleared our plates. For dessert we shared a crème brulee and a crepe. Since this is a BYOB, you can keep your cost down

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Food was very good. Pate sampler would have been more enjoyable if the runner, or even our waiter Daniel, had spent two seconds to tell which was which. The runner dumped the platter and practically ran away. Daniel took our order and then disappeared until we were almost done with our entrees. "How is everything?" I felt like saying finished but but my tongue. His lack of a sense of humor would never had understood the sarcasm. The Dover Sole was excellent by the way as was the trout.

The most solicitous of the wait staff was the kind man who got us settled in, opened our wine and brought our bread for us. Too bad he wasn't our waiter.

Daniel was almost even reluctant to ask if we wanted dessert. He was in the process of handing us the check and then said "oh did you want to hear about the dessert?"

Just terrible service. We always tip generously (22-25%) as our three kids were in the industry and we truly appreciate how hard the work is. But I didn't feel that the staff even earned their 15%.