“A very good hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed for one night only in May 2012 en route back to Atlanta from Myrtle Beach although we stayed previously for one night in similar circumstances in 2008.
Hotel is sited in a quiet road next to HIE only a minute from Aiken centre. The hotel has on both stays been comfortable, well managed and welcoming.
It is quiet but Aiken is that sort of place. Breakfast is pretty standard Fairfield Inn fayre but very adequate.

Room Tip: King Double was fine.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I am platinum member with Marriott, and I too heard that the staff could not correct computer error on room requested. Either they need to hire staff with ability to over-ride computer or train them on how to fix problems without computer to blame. We did not get the room requested via our on-line reservation (stay was during Masters Golf), and was then told that had we confirmed by calling prior to arrival we proabably would have ? Huh ? I don't think they knew that I knew they were blowing smoke. But the place was 100% booked and we had no option. Nice hotel, just not up to marriott service standards and especialy for a platinum member !

Room Tip: Call before arrival - if during busy time of year.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank welltraveled33_11
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed @ the Fairfield Inn & Suites from mid November 2011 until the middle of Feburary 2012. I have been relocated 5 time in the last 6 years. This is the best stay I have ever had. The staff is wonderful, they make you feel @ home. The rooms are kept neat & clean. The food is great. Close to shopping & dining. I could go on & on.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Terry E
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Very pleased with my visit; staff was excellent, clean facilities with good breakfast. Good location: The local Applebees was convenient for dinner and snacks; the walk to some local stores was about 4 blocks away. I will be back.

Room Tip: This was a quiet night's rest, no noise or unusual activities.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank genwoo
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inns and Suites in mid-feb. It was very nice - clean, staff was friendly, conveniently located near Whiskey Road. There is an Applebees in easy walking distance since the hotel only offers breakfast.

After I checked in, the front desk called to ask if the room was OK - a nice touch.

The only criticism I have is that I was not crazy about the choice of colors for the decor - orange, lime green and yellow (not my personal favorites). another color scheme would make the hotel look a little classier.

Breakfast was the usual buffet fare - but you can make your own waffle - at least one fresh item.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank queen231c
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for our daughter college graduation. This hotel is modern, well taken care of,and clean. We found ALL the staff to be helpful and friendly. We would recommend this hotel to all, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: we got a king suite and it was very roomy and the bed area was behind a wall. the room also had a ni...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank vickieji
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I spent a couple of nights in this hotel on business travel and found it to be adequate. The staff was generally friendly but utterly helpless when a couple of my fellow travelers encountered billing problems; similarly when I approached them with a billing issue at checkout there was a bit too much helplessness that started to feel more like a lack of wanting to try to find a solution. I get sick of hearing people in the service industry blame "the computer" and saying "it won't let me" as though the computer is running the show, and unfortunately I heard that excuse twice at this hotel this week.

The rooms were in great shape and the staff did help me with a slightly early check-in. Breakfast was fine. The only facility-related problem I had was that the wi-fi signal on the 3rd floor was extremely weak for both of my devices. From the lobby I could access the Internet fine, but the top floor router might need a boost in signal strength.

This is a good, reliable hotel that's only a few small improvements away from being a place I would stay without hesitation whenever I'm in Aiken. Not quite yet, though.

• Stayed: December 2011