“Good, as usial.”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #34 of 297 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I got the sirloin steak dinner with a baked potato, mac n cheese, and pinto beans. I had the sweet tea which wasn't very good. It was mostly just sweet water (maybe they re-use tea bags to save money). The meal was very good. The steak was cooked to the temp I ordered. The beans and macaroni were very good, but the baked potato was a little off. Not sure if it was old or they "baked" it in a microwave. It was edible, but not tasty.
The service was very good. I was seated quickly, and everything was prompt. Server came around to see if everything was good a little too often, but that's preferable to the alternative.
Overall it's a strong 4, could easily have been a 5.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

New menus new selection, staying on top of things. I had the vegetable plate while Sandra had the new grilled chicken plate and she raved about it the entire meal. Server was outstanding and very attentive. Cracker Barrel is our go to restaurant and to date they have not let us down.
Thanks for staying on top of quality food and service.

Retired Chef Gene

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

It was the Saturday of Labor Day weekend so the place was jam packed, as usual, but it was only a 5-10 minute wait and you can always kill the waiting time by looking around the General shop. This was my mother’s first trip so she was wide eyed and enjoyed every aspect of it because of all the Knick-Knacks around the store. Once seated we were helped immediately and given a menu and since it was one person’s first time in our party the waitress didn’t mind providing excellent recommendations. I went with the always delicious Chicken Fried Steak w/ Hashbrown Casserole, Okra and a side salad. Overall the food was scrumptious, the waitress was delightful, and it’s always a treat getting to visit any Cracker Barrel but this one in Abilene, Texas goes above and beyond!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and i usually go here on sunday evening it is not very busy and can get a table immediately and have a meal with out being rushed. The portion size is enough for us to share and still not feel like we are hungry when we leave. I love their meatloaf when they do not run out.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We didn’t want to travel far from our hotel and wanted just some good American food. This hit the spot! We only had about a 10 minute wait on a Sunday evening. The portions were huge and the food was tasty. My only complaint was the gift shop is difficult to maneuver in a wheelchair and it was so noisy that my husband had to sit next to me so we could talk. Not a bad thing but...

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!