“Valentines”

Sharky's Burrito Co.
Ranked #178 of 297 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

My fiance and I had a tradition (4 years now) to get burritos on valentines day instead of doing presents. 3/4 of those years have been sharkys. We go there fairly frequently and I'm positive I've given them 5 stars in years past. But he doesn't get off until 7:15pm so by the time we got there it was almost 8. They don't close till 9 so everything should have been good still. The meat was super dry, the lady that was doing it acted like she just didn't care very much. She's not very good at putting burritos together so we do try to avoid her when we go but there wasn't another option that late. Nothing but the refried beans were hot and that was because we saw them bring more out right before us. All that being said, go at lunch time and you're golden. An hour before closing I would NEVER go again if that had been my first time. We didn't even get halfway through our burritos before throwing them away. As far as portion sizes: first timers GET KIDS. IT is a normal sized burrito, I cannot stress that enough. And you get a combo meal with kids meal. also put the SPICY RANCH on your burrito, it makes the whole thing phenomenal....normally.

Reviewed January 16, 2017

This small restaurant is actually in a grocery store. That said, the food is pretty good. Everyone gets chips and salsa's with the burrito, which is nice, and the chips are excellent. The salsa is also good. I had a burrito bowl and chose potatoes and steak. The potatoes were pretty good, but the steak was not what I expected. It honestly tasted more like cheap hamburger. Everything else in the burrito bowl seemed to be of good quality and fresh. The portions were big and our group (two families) enjoyed it overall, but I don't think I would go again.

Reviewed November 15, 2016

Sharky's is connected to the United Grocery Store. You can choose a burrito, salad, or nachos You tell them exactly what you want on it. WARNING: Unless you have a huge appetite, the smaller portion (I think they call it the kid's meal) is plenty. It is super casual and full of college students, especially at lunch. It is not open on Sunday.

Reviewed May 11, 2016

Great, convenient location to ACU & HSU. This is a great place to hang out and eat. Inside the United Supermarket (far end), separate seating. Build your own burritos or salads (think Free Birds). Be sure and ask for some spicy ranch to dip your chips in! We eat here at least once a week!

Reviewed September 24, 2015

We have a recent ACU graduate and a current student in the family so a trip to Sharky's is almost mandatory when we are in town for a visit. I love their steak burrito on a jalapeno cheddar tortilla. The chips are light and crispy and they have 3 different salsas to choose from.

Been to Sharky's Burrito Co.? Share your experiences!