“Good stay, lots of amenities”

MCM Elegante Suites
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My third visit there. Overall, a good stay. Only major hiccup was checking in. I reserved online weeks in advance, but the staff didn't have my reservation on file. The staff explained that sometimes the online reservation doesn't make it from MCM's central location to each location. (Tip -- call the specific location for your reservation). Fortunately, they had a similar room available. The manager, Casey, was sincerely apologetic and provided us several freebies to compensate.
The breakfast, as always, was outstanding. Miss Annie and Johnny were very nice and courteous.
The door to our room malfunctioned on the second day. The maintenance man quickly made it to our room and quietly made repairs (much appreciated, as we had a four-month old who was a bit fussy).
Regrettably, we didn't make it to the pool and spa as we've done before. Nice that MCM Elegante has an adults-only swim hour.

Room Tip: A room facing the courtyards gets pretty noisy on the weekends, especially on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I plus son and daughter in law and a 4 year old and a 2 year old recently stayed the night at MCM Elegante Suites in Abilene, TX. We had had a long day driving and didn't arrive until after 9 pm so we didn't take advantage of the swimming area that looked inviting. Our room was on the first floor with a huge open area with sitting areas close by. The grandkids loved running around after being couped up in a car all day. It was very pretty. It is true, the hotel could use some updating, but our room was clean, comfortable and roomy. It had a seperate living room area where we ate our supper, which was pizza delivered from Dominoes. It was nice to be able to stretch our legs. I wish the room had had queen or king beds, but since there was a pull out sofa we did fine. We asked for a crib which was delivered immediately. I loved having a sink in the master bedroom area to brush teeth etc. while others were in the bath. We did have a small issue with the toilet handle acting funny, but we never reported it, so I can't complain. We all received vouchers for a full breakfast the next morning which we found very good. This was the first time I used a MCM hotel, and we were happy with it. I would have loved it costing a little less, but once you consider the size of the room, and 6 full breakfasts, $ 163 was not a bad deal.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I decided to stay here after a loooong drive from Dallas, the kids didn't want to drive any further and neither did we.
The check in was just a little slow but the clerk was very welcoming, told us about the managers reception and the free breakfast in the morning.
Needless to say, both were very good.
The hotel is HUGE but it's also very gorgeous, lots of stuff for the kids to do.
Didn't get to try the bar or the restaurant but I guess that's for when we return!

Room Tip: Don't choose rooms over the bar, it can get really loud there.
Reviewed 17 March 2012

HORRIBLE SERVICE . ROOMS NEED UPDATE AND PICTURES ON THIER WEBSITE ARE A DISGUISE We stayed in their suite their queen beds look like xl twin mattress . the comforter had holes in it and not to mention it said NO SMOKING but yet smelled like a ashtray and had one sitting on the counter when we walked in This hotel does not allow dogs anymore and not to mention i had seen numerous dogs on our stay we took our kids their for spring break i think really the only think that was decent was the swimming pool. Breakfast was AWFUL ....... There is nothing g reat about that breakfast no taste at all A/c did not work in the room took forever for them to fix it we ended up leaving a day early and went to stay at the marriott never will be staying here again that is for sure !!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
2  Thank sabrina h
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Was in Abilene on business & stayed here with a large group- this really is an old Embassy Suites- somewhat dated but not a bad place to stay- rooms include bedroom area- separate living area with refrig- microwave- serving bar & dining table & bathroom. Would be good for families. Rcd 4 complimentary cocktails & cook to order breakfast next morning as part of the room price- again on the same format as Embassy Suites but like a step down in quality. Really good beds & pillows though. Check in was slow. Got a bad recommendation on where to eat from front desk so not sure I'd trust them on those inquiries. Full service restaurant & bar with karaoke. My room could have used a better vacuuming but overall was pretty clean.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank DKLT
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Very clean, our room was updated and beds were comfortable. Super complimentary breakfat, lush foliage in atrium area. Very friendly staff. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cynthia R
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Originally from this area,and could stay with family when I travel home.but I stay here because it is like a vacation in a hotel! Great restaurant, lounge, staff, indoor heated pool, hot tub, best complimentary breakfast, beautiful atrium, spacious rooms, great location, complimentary drinks for hotel guests during evening happy hour. Need I say more?

• Stayed: November 2011