All reviewshotel roomstaff was friendlywithin walking distanceliving roomhot breakfastshort driveoutdoor poolburnerfridgesinkpillowstexas
Reviewed December 1, 2016 via mobile

For the money, probably not bad place to stay. It was under $100 a night and it was me and a colleague.

The place is kind of just run down. It seems old and musty everywhere. When we got in town late to check in there was a women wanting her money back and was leaving because she couldn't stand smell in her room. Our room wasn't too bad but it wasn't good either.

The hallways and doors are beat up. Locks and handles in our room where working properly. Carpet was dingy.

The beds weren't actually too bad which was a good thing. There isn't much good after that though.

If I am in town with some buddies and just looking for a place to crash then probably not bad place to do it. If I am with wife and kids then I will be staying somewhere else.

One other thing is location. I cannot believe the amount of restaurants in this area. This hotel is close to a lot of that so that is plus as well.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
GMAddisonHawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2016

Jeff S,
Thank You for staying with us. We are in the process of upgrading some things in the hotel. We do hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed November 22, 2016

I've worked in hotels for 5 years, so when I stay at another hotel I'm usually pretty forgiving about the little things. A large stain on my hotel room carpet, not a big deal. They probably want to replace but don't have ownership's approval. A hair that's not mine in the shower, not a big deal. The housekeeper was probably just busy and missed it. And that probably explains why stained towels were allowed in my room. All the doors in my room squeaking and/or off their tracks... Okay, not much excuse for that one. Get on that engineering. Public stairwell smelling like dry dog food? Could be a whole lot worse, so I count that as not a big deal. But add all those things together and they start to become a big deal. And worn out blackout drapes that let the sun through are a big deal. Why have blackouts if they don't blackout the room?

If the negative parts of my stay ended there, I'd have given the hotel a 4/5. Because the bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, the room was spacious, the location was incredible, and the breakfast was great. And while I was also greeted with a nice smile every time I came and went from the hotel, there were some other service issues that brought my review score down. To begin with, when I arrived late at night, I was told the WiFi was down and that they were working on it. I needed it in the morning, not at night so that was okay. However, after my breakfast I asked the front desk if they had any ETA on fixing the WiFi and I was told that I was the first person to complain about it and that they were working on it. So obviously the night team wasn't working on fixing the WiFi, they were just holding out till they could pass the probably to someone else. And then they didn't even tell the next team what the problem was! The other issue I had was that I was treated like I didn't know what I was talking about. A simple "I'm so sorry, we're working on it and will let you know when it's back up. Is there anything else I can do for you in the mean time?" would have gone a long way to help. Instead I was told to stop bothering them.

There were a couple other little things, but I think you get the picture. In spite of all this I would stay here again if only because of the location. It was right by the office where my meetings were and I walked each day from my hotel room. It's also within walking distance of about a dozen restaurants and within close driving distance of dozens of others. They have location, they just need to work on cleanliness and service.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
GMAddisonHawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2016

Josh A,

Thank You for staying with us. We are in the process of doing some updates on the hotel. We have talked with the housekeeping staff to do a more through job on the rooms. The WiFi outage was not on our end. All the front desk were informed about this. The Front Desk Manager even stayed until 1am trying to get it fixed. I have spoken with front desk staff about this and they should of kept you informed about the progress of getting it back on. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2016

Rooms were ok, water spots on the ceiling in room. nobody to man the manager reception so did not have it. breakfast was not good, co-worker was sick after eating it.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed November 8, 2016

Pros: the room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was a pleasant surprise (although it took a while for them to replenish the empty coffee urn. Great location (lots of restaurants nearby).
Cons: lots of wear and tear showing in the room furnishings. I have had more pleasant check-in experiences (desk clerk was competent but not especially warm and inviting).
Overall: it was fine and I would stay here again for the right price, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so or hesitate to try another hotel.

Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

Came in late one rainy evening, expecting a similarly wonderful Hawthorne suites as I had experienced in College Station. Was very disappointed. Dirty and torn carpet, dirty chairs, holes in the blackout curtains letting the light in, extremely small pillows, hard bed.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business