“Nice hotel - WONDERFUL, accomodating staff”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Addison
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I recently had an issue with my AC not working and neeeded a hotel room right away.
The staff at the front desk was wonderful, giving us a room at 7AM and letting us stay overnight for just a one day charge...AND they homored my AARP discount!
The room was very spacious with a full refrigerator, microwave and 2 burners. They also had a very nice complimentary breakfast every morning.
The only reason I did not give the hitel 5 stars is because the hotel is showing some wear and tear - frayed fabric on chairs, rough towels and creaky ( though comfy) beds.
Other than that I would highly recommend the hotel for anyone needing to spend the night ( or nights) in Addison.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 302....it was the farthest from the elevator but extremely quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
GMAddisonHawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I would like to extend my sincere apologies on the dated feel you received from our guest room. Our goal is that every experience you encounter is memorable. On the other hand I am delighted to hear that you received a great service, my staff will be pleased to hear they made a great impression. We hope we have the opportunity of serving you soon even if is just to enjoy our amenities and thank you in advanced for recommending our hotel to others in need of lodging.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Extremely friendly and professional staff...the only thing I disliked is that the facility is old and worn out...the area it is located in is safe, but frankly would not stay there again. Only because my preference is newer hotels, if that doesn't bother you, then I recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
GMAddisonHawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad to hear you had a fantastic experience with us and my staff will be pleased to hear they made a great impression. We hope to see in the near future should your travels bring back to Addison, TX. In the meantime have a great summer!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
GMAddisonHawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Rooms NEED attention & update... the first room we were given had a dirty sink, broken closet door & ripped upholstery on the furniture. We told staff to cancel our stay after seeing that beat up room but they did switch us to a different floor.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
GMAddisonHawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the dated feel and cleanliness of the guestroom. We try to service rooms on consistent basis, however in this case we failed. Your comments were shared with our maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure this is an isolated incident. We are delighted that this experience did not completely deter from staying with us. Again, please accept our sincere apologies on behalf the Hawthorn Suites Staff and we look forward to seeing you in the near future to have the opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
GMAddisonHawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Reviewed 27 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
GMAddisonHawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Location is fantastic. The building is old, in desperate need of udating. The bed squeaked so loud it was embarrassing. The mattress was so old and uncomfortable and I did not sleep either night. That may also have been due to the fact that the front door not having a functional lock. I reported the lock issue and it was not fixed. Bathroom in my room was gross with stains I don't want to describe.
Breakfast buffet did not look very edible and smelled.
I chose it for location and price. Cost $90/night and I gladly would have moved if I knew what I was getting. Perhaps not the worst ever but, higher on that list than "best ever".

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael B
GMAddisonHawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Michael B,

Thank You for your stay. We are looking to get new furniture and new carpet in the near future for the whole hotel. We get lots of compliments on our new beds and I'm sorry yours was uncomfortable and squeaky. We will speak to housekeeping about the bathroom and with maintenance . I hope you come stay with us again sometime.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
0.1 km away
0.6 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
0.3 km away
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria? Share your experiences!