“Sub club and Stickball sub are the best!”
Review of Jersey Mike's Subs

Jersey Mike's Subs
Ranked #107 of 250 Restaurants in Allen
Reviewed November 29, 2017

Om: Nom treated me to dinner at our favorite sub shop! Nom truly knows the way to my heart! Still think they are the best sandwich shop in town, for two main reasons that sets them apart – first, they don’t skimp on the toppings and condiments, with handfuls of lettuce, many tomatoes, and 8+ strips of bacon on my club sub. Second, Mike’s Way is the BEST way, where they load on spices, vinegar, and oil, reminds me of something I might see at a real NY deli. My favorite sub to get is the club sub, and would recommend it to anyone else. Thank you for my wonderful dinner Nom, JM’s is the best!

Nom: Subs subs subs! I’m so happy they still had white bread! I love going there with my handsome love! The smile on his face when they make his giant sub is wonderful! I like how they hand slice the deli meats in front of you and build it to taste! I had the stickball (no you won’t find it on the menu) and they pile it high with stuff that’s tasty! I can’t wait to take him back for another sandwich!

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Om: All I have to say is this. I had not one, but TWO GIANT SUBS, AND ATE THEM BOTH. 4,000 calories of a club sub an Italian, and I enjoyed every bite. Simply the best sub that I’ve had, and might be the best sandwich ever. Yes, you will pay double the amount for a giant sub at JM’s than you might at a Subway, but it’s about 10x’s better and you definitely get a super high quality sub! Mike’s Way is the way to go, and I’ll ALWAYS go with my Beautiful Nom!

Nom: We’ve been to this location before and it’s like the others and they do make the best deli sandwich, that’s for sure! I had the stickball #11 which is now OFF menu for some reason. I love their bread, it’s really good. So I got my mini on white with extra lettuce no tomato with extra juice!! It made for good leftovers too…a super cold deli sandwich is really delicious! I will always return with my handsome love!!!

Reviewed June 26, 2017

On a weekend where I met Nom’s brother – he was a cool guy – we also went to eat at our favorite sandwich store, Jersey Mike’s!

Om: I’ve sang the praises of this sandwich shop before, and I’ll do it again. Even though we received questionable service last time at this location, that was corrected on this visit. The sandwiches themselves are outstanding, always have been. As in, “the best sub sandwich that I’ve ever had bar none” kind of deliciousness. I had the club sub, and they really pile on the meat and condiments, and my goodness MIKE’S WAY is the ONLY way to go with their subs! Love how they drench it in oil, vinegar, and spices. Sure you can pay up to $15 for a giant sub, but it’s totally worth every penny. Nom and I will certainly be back!

Nom: Ok, I really like JM’s, but this location, albeit tasty has a habit of running out of white bread. Which is tricky for me because wheat is NOT tasty to me. Lucky for me (? Because shouldn’t they have an assortment of bread?) they had some rosemary type bread they could cut down for my sandwich. I had the #13 and it, of course, was really good! I like how they slice the meats right in front of you and they piled on the lettuce and drenched it in vinegar and oil! So tasty!! Expensive for a sandwich, and even more so when you have to compromise with the bread but they did throw in a cookie for our trouble. I love JM’s with my handsome love

Reviewed February 23, 2017

My favorite place for subs, I always get them to go. More expensive than Firehouse or Subway but in my opinion the meats are of a higher quality. Seasoning and vinegar are a nice blend. Somewhat like the Blimpie's chain. Not sure if they a still in business, I haven't seen one in quite sometime. Long line at this location at prime lunch or dinner times. A little slow because they cut the meat fresh, not pre-cut.

1  Thank Navlinc
Reviewed November 8, 2016

After a great day game between TCU and Texas Tech, we stopped at Jersey Mike’s on the way home for a bite to eat. Om has always thought the world of their sandwiches…

Om: Ok bottom line, their sub sandwiches are the best that I have ever had. I think some of it has to do with their “juice” they put on the sandwich, they throw it on, along with oil, with reckless abandon, which soaks up in the bread just enough where it doesn’t become soggy buy maximizes flavor. This has been consistent with every location that we have been to, I LOVE their subs. However, service kind of stunk on this visit, our first to this location in Allen.
• Service – Below Expectations – I ordered the “club sub”, which comes with, per the menu, turkey, ham, provolone, applewood smoked bacon, and mayo. So the young lady makes the sub, wraps it up, and it dawns on me…”did she put mayo on the sub?” So I ask, and she said that she forgot and proceeds to unwrap the sub, open the bread, and move around the veggies so she can put mayo on the top half. Then I didn’t notice any bacon, and the response I got was, “Oh…did you still want the bacon on your sub?” Why yes, yes I do since, you know, it comes with bacon! Instead of picking apart the sub to add the forgotten mayo and bacon, they really should have just made another. That didn’t happen. The young guy that was working the counter didn’t come to her aid either. Didn’t offer anything for the inconvenience. Sure they are younger kids working behind the counter, still doesn’t fully excuse the poor customer service.
• Ambiance – Met Expectations – It’s a sandwich shop. It was clean and put together.
• Food – Exceed Expectations – Despite the initial forgotten items on the sub, it still didn’t negate the awesomeness of the sandwich. Lots of bacon, lots of juice, lots of veggies and condiments. Just excellent taste and quality all around.
• Value – Exceed Expectations – Sure it’s expensive at $12+ dollars for their “giant” sub, and you can get two footlong subs from Subway for the cost of one “giant” sub here, but when I am getting the best sub sandwich I’ve ever had? I would gladly pay 50% more than what they charge.
• Overall – Poor service aside, it’s the best sub I’ve ever had, bar none. I’ll go back and give them another chance, but if the poor service stays consistent I would look to travel a bit further to another JM’s instead. What a tasty way to end the night with my perfect and beautiful Nom!

Nom: Ok so I thought JM’s was flawless but I was proved wrong. Here’s the upside, the place was all but abandoned. So we were served very quickly. White bread…No dice! No white bread somebody forgot to make the bread at lunch time. Ok that blows my mind. I make homemade bread and if I started a batch at say 1pm I’d have fresh bread by 7pm. So why couldn’t someone have taken the dough out and made some bread?! Anyway I digress. So my handsome love orders his sandwich and it’s a club. Bacon belongs on a club right? NOPE! She forgets the mayo and the BACON! When he points it out she says “did you still want the bacon?” Hum…last time I checked it belonged on a club sub! My mini was really good, I only have one complaint, the sweet tea was terrible! We’ll try them again with the hopes that the next visit won’t be a disappointment!

Been to Jersey Mike's Subs? Share your experiences!