“Great Catfish, Cold Beer & Excellent Service”

Dodies Place Sports Grill
Ranked #110 of 258 Restaurants in Allen
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Description: Cajun Bar & Grill is your place for amazing appetizers, entrees, salads, sandwiches, and more! It's New Orleans style cuisine, and it's lip-smacking good. We've got an awesome Happy Hour daily from 11am to 7pm. We serve 16oz. cocktails and 22oz mugs of beer. Stop by for a laid back atmosphere you can enjoy with friends, or just stick around a while and meet some new ones. With over 40 Hi-Def flat screen TVs, a 110" projection TV and a huge heated patio, we are the perfect place to check out the next big game. Because all of our restaurants are owned and/or operated by family friends and former employees, you know that you can always expect the same great food, service and hospitality that has made us so successful. As Cajun Bar & Grill, we feature the McGuinness family's time-tested recipes along with sports and musical entertainment AND the same excellent service. Remember, y'all don't hafta go to New Orleans, just come on over to Cajun Bar & Grill.
Reviewed July 10, 2017

If you like fried catfish you need to make a trip to Dodies. This was seasoned perfectly. Nice and spicy with black pepper and and cajun seasoning. The fries were also nice and spicy. The food came out steaming hot. The fish was Snow White and flaky. Fries were crisp and hot. The perfect combination to go with the ice cold Blue Moon beer. There was plenty of parking. Lots of tables and booths to accommodate small groups or large. Casual dress a must. There were TVs everywhere and if you wanted a specific channel they change the TV for you in a second. The price was incredible. Two huge pieces of catfish, fries, a tall Blue moon and desert was only $22. Absolutely would go back there if I was in TX for more than just one day.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I were looking for a cool place to have a cold beer and dinner.
This place has great food at fantastic prices.
Josh the bartender took really good care of us.
So I recommend sitting at the bar .
Great daily deals .
Live music on patio .check to see who on weekends.
A great place to enjoy Cajun food and much more.
We loved it !

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Our waiter was fantastic as well as the rest of the staff that helped my wife and I. The food has plenty of kick. I can honestly say I have never seen 'half n half' gumbo (picture), but wow it is worth the try. Unique taste and totally enjoyed it. Give it a try - fun place plus has anyone else seen a friend brownie?

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

I went in solo on a Friday night. It's a nice looking restaurant in an upper middle-class shopping/dining area. Nice big bar and lots of televisions with sporting events. So far so good. Maybe the rent is too high and they're saving money on the lackluster food. I had the fried catfish/shrimp dinner. Came with a salad, fries, hushpuppies, and rice. The catfish was really good and a large portion, but everything else was below par, oversalted and just not very good. The rice was I don't know what flavor, but weird. The large slice of tomato on my salad had a black bad spot on it. Don't tell me whoever placed that on the plate didn't see it. While I was expecting a nicer atmosphere, the whole ambiance was more like a dive bar. Unfortunate. And please, don't skimp on the ketchup, just go ahead and buy Heinz and not the generic restaurant supply brand found on the tables.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 9, 2017

Very disappointing meal. Only good thing was the fried pickles. I had the 1/2 and 1/2 soup. Bland- flavor for the chicken and sausage side and funky flavor for the seafood side. I also had the shrimp creole- tasted like a can of tomato soup was opened and rice added- shrimp was tasted rubbery. My boyfriend had the crawfish ettoufee. Our soup and both entrees were virtually untouched when the waiter came to collect our plates he did not bother to ask whey we did not eat our meal or why we did not care to have to go boxes. Also bread served with meal is not toasted or warmed just a slab of french bread. So sad that this was my last meal in Texas. Very bad customer service that waiter did not realize that we were dissatisfied with meal by our lack of eating the meal. Will never go back here!

Date of visit: March 2017

Been to Dodies Place Sports Grill? Share your experiences!