See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 17, 2018

The owner, Sam Acosta, really makes this more than just a great value. The rooms have a Texas decor flair, and come with a fridge and microwave and plenty of space. There is a covered outside barbecue area as well. I stayed for a week and a half and was easily able to use this home base. Sam gave me a VERY competitive weekly rate. I stayed in the single story rooms near the office. I have stayed several times at the Quality Inn in Alpine, but for half the price this will be my go to place. You can afford your meals with the difference!

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank ernestjahntraining
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

This is really a great place. Large room with fridge and microwave. Has separate couch with coffee table so there's plenty of room if you have visitors. Clean and neat and they even do your laundry. More than reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area. Save your money on a brand-name hotel and use it to shop in a very quaint town with a few pretty good restaurants.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Lionel P
Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a place to spend the night on your way to Big Bend NP, Highland Inn is the place for you.

I arrived at 11 at night without a reservation and Sam, the owner, was super friendly and helpful.
When you're a woman travelling solo it's essential to feel safe which is 100% the case at the Highland Inn (not the case everywhere in Alpine).

The room I stayed in was big and decorated with a nice Texan touch.

On top of everything, it's Very affordable (I paid 55 dollars). Best kept secret in Alpine

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank marie francoise H
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Highland for 2 nights during Spring Break with our granddaughter. The motel is older, and our room was worn, but it was reasonably clean, smelled fresh - not stale or smokey, and there was plenty of hot water for our use. The beds were comfortable and had a variety of pillow firmnesses to choose from. Cable TV, fridge and microwave in room and a bedside lamp with plug for phone charger, but no hairdryer, coffee pot, or bathroom amenities. A full size bar of Zest soap is provided, but it's used from previous guests. That bothered me a bit, bring your own travel soap if you're squeamish about these things. I'd recommend asking for a room nearest to the office as these are lower level only rooms and are furthest from the train tracks. We appreciated being in a room with no one above us and away from the train. We still heard the train at night but it wasn't terrible. The motel was full but we never heard the guests on either side of us. There is a playground area for children complete with bbq area and a horseshoe pit. The play area was fun for our granddaughter after a long day in the car, and we enjoyed playing horseshoes. Sam was very friendly and personable on the phone and in person. Housekeeping staff was very prompt when we asked for additional towels. We felt safe, slept well at night and the price was great. Not the fanciest place in town but we would stay here again. Note: the picture shown is of the motel sign only with Sul Ross University's buildings shown across the street.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Suzy K
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and both times have been delightful. The bed was extremely comfortable with good linens, the shower was hot and strong, ac worked well, and the tv had plenty of channels. Everything was clean and I enjoyed having a love seat in my room. Sam is personable and helpful and I felt completely safe staying alone. The rate was much more reasonable than the larger places in town and I really enjoyed my mini vacation in beautiful Alpine.

Date of stay: October 2016