“Difference between a meatball sub and calzone?”

La Bella Pizza on Olsen
Ranked #383 of 570 Restaurants in Amarillo
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Description: The original location for La Bella Pizza was founded at the current Olsen location by Paul Khoury in May of 2003. On his first day he only sold one sub sandwich for a $7 total in sales for the day. The slow sales continued for much of the month. While the word slowly built about the new pizza place in town, business began to improve. Before too long a buzz was quickly traveling between folks around Amarillo. More and more people continued to try the newest in local fare eventually making it the busiest pizza restaurant in town. Fast forward over 14 years later and under the new owners, La Bella Pizza continues to be Amarilloans go-to spot for lunch, dinner, and late night pizza for delivery or take-out. The opportunity arose to expand to the space next door adding a dining area, bar, and drive thru window to better accommodate more guests. Along with the expansion, they were also able to make beer delivery an option for the La Bella faithful.
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

While traveling across the country, on Aug. 16th, my husband and I stopped at the brand new LaQuinta, 9305 E Interstate 40, in Amarillo, Texas. We received several restaurant recommendations, and decided to give a local restaurant, La Bella Pizza, a try. Upon calling, at just before 8pm, the phone was answered by a young girl, who took my order - 2 meatball subs, a half gallon of unsweetened tea, and a 20 oz diet Coke. The ordering would have been easier, if someone there had turned down their music - I had to keep repeating myself, and could barely hear her. I specifically told her my location, and gave her the address of the LaQuinta hotel, and she said that it would be between 45 minutes and an hour, which was fine. About 45 minutes later, we received a call from the delivery driver, who said he was at the door. Nope, he had gone to the wrong hotel. About 10 minutes later, he arrived and delivered our food. He left, and we prepared to finally eat our dinner. We opened the food wrappers, and discovered soggy meatball calzones! There's a big difference between a meatball sub and a calzone! Which would have been acceptable, I guess, but we had no utensils - knife or forks, and no napkins.
Needless to say, next year as we travel through Amarillo, Texas, we won't consider LaBella Pizza. And we certainly won't recommend them to others.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed April 25, 2018

We are a La Bellas the other day. Been meaning to try it. I love it so did the whole family. I just moved here and this is the best i have eat, and have are plenty. They have a high selection of not only pizza but pastas and many other things. I just found out about the one on Hillside which is closer to home. I hear the delivery is fast. Oh, and can't forget the service. It was excellent. I highly recommend La Bella

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Elaine P
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Though highly recommended by the hotel staff I was disappointed in the time it took to get the food delivered and the quality of the food.

The menu is large with everything from ribs to pizza and everything else in between. We ordered a pizza, wings, and mozzarella sticks (they were out so we got mozzarella bread instead).

The order at 2pm took an hour to arrive and the food was bland and uninteresting. It did arrive warm though.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 1, 2018

LaBella Pizza was listed in the hotel notebook in my room so I tried them. I ordered the smallest pizza size (12 inch) supreme. There were sufficient toppings on the pizza and it tasted average for a supreme pizza (nothing really stood out). I also ordered mac & cheese bits as a side order. The mac & cheese were bland and not much taste to them. While the restaurant provided a good size quantity (my guess is about 14-16 pieces) I only managed to go thru 3 before giving up. If you are staying at a nearby hotel and it is darn cold outside, Ordering LaBella Pizza may be an alternative to going out (they deliver). That's the only advantage I see.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed July 27, 2016

We were staying at a hotel near this restaurant and as it was late and we weren't up to going anywhere after driving the past 10 hours, La Bella Pizza was recommended to us by the front desk staff at our hotel. The server was very pleasant and accommodating when I placed the order. The delivery time was fast, around 35 minutes from order to delivery. I ordered Lasagna with meat sauce and a side salad. It was very good. The complimentary bread they sent was really good. My son ordered the Rib Dinner. It was very very good. I would definitely order from them again.

Date of visit: July 2016
Jim D, Owner at La Bella Pizza on Olsen, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Thank you, glad you enjoyed everything!

Been to La Bella Pizza on Olsen? Share your experiences!