“maybe not”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We stayed just one night,I had a early morning flight. Our room was on the first floor as I requested. It was clean and comfortable but small for two people. I was surprised since I stayed at other Sleep Inns but was only going to be there one night.

In the morning we ask for coffee,it looked like the breakfast was ready but we only wanted coffee. The girl working in the breakfast room told my friend not until 6:00am,I did not know he ask and I went and ask and she said not until 5:30. Other Sleep Inns near the airport offer coffee early morning to guest departing. The girl working acted like she just did not want to do anything. My friend dropped me at the airport came back to the hotel they did have coffee but he said it was not good. Eggs cold,gravey cold. Found it interesting there was a guest drinking coffee that evening in the breakfast room but no coffee in the morning. I think it was just the employee lack of working and not caring about guest since other Sleeps Inns have a nice breakfast.

The desk clerk was great at check in no problems.

I travel often to Amarillo and this was my first stay at this hotel not sure about another stay.

Room Tip: first floor room
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Olaf R, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for your time writing a review on your recent stay. Moreover, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience regarding breakfast, we will look into that and make the corrections necessary so all our guests have a great experience.
We hope to see you again and meet or exceed your expectations.

GM

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

This hotel was excellent. The staff are all super nice and our room was perfect! Very very clean and not a thing out of place! Has a large shower with no tub. Very nice modern room. Would highly recommend! We're going to stay again on our drive back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Olaf R, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay, I have shared your comments with all my staff and they are really motivated. Thank you for your kind words; we take pride on our services and hope we can make your next stay more comfortable than the previous one.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed at a Sleep Inn in another city and regretted it but this stay was very nice. Quiet hotel even though it was close to the interstate. Heard the train go thru town and couple of times at night but I sort of liked that.
Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was also very good. Nice no frills place to stay!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Olaf R, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear Allen;

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on your recent stay at our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and we thank you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards,

Sleep Inn

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Total fine for single one quick night. Had a few cosmetic issues around shower and sink. Bed was very comfortable. My wife would probably not liked it but for price and single night quick stay it worked fine. Probably 3 stars out of 5.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Olaf R, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Dear John:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel, we will use the information you provided to improve and continue our efforts on an excellent service for our future guests.

We hope to see you again soon and meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on our drive to ski trip in Wolf Creek (CO) & found it to be pretty right on for what we wanted: clean, comfortable, updated accommodations at a reasonable rate. The only negative I'd add is that when we reached our room, it hadn't been cleaned & reeked of smoke, so front desk apologized, but had no other rooms w/ 2 queens, which is what we'd reserved, so we did get a nice room ...for 2, not 3...our son had to sleep on a floor cushion! Not happy about that. Hopefully it was just a one-time screw up.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Olaf R, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear Catricio:

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at our hotel, we appreciate your positive feedback which drive our team improving our services, moreover, my apologies regarding a smell issue, unfortunately we have guests that do not comply with our non smoking policy, rest assure we are looking into this matter to handle it in a different way from now on.

We hope to see you again and provide you with a superior stay.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

We stopped here on our way home from the east. The hotel is on the frontage road of I-40. The rooms, while small are well appointed and comfortable. The bathroom has a walk in shower and a shower head I do not have to bend down to use. ( I am 5'10") The bed was a queen and was comfortable as were the pillows. We did not use the indoor pool. Maybe next time. Breakfast was a mix of hot and cold. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, plus cereals and rolls. There was plenty and it was as good as any we had on the trip. Even right next to the interstate, we did not have a lot of traffic noise, and this hotel is in the center of the city. Overall, a pleasant stay, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Olaf R, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear Michael:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel, I have shared your kind words with the rest of our staff and will certainly keep us motivated to keep improving and providing our future guests with a superior stay. Thank you for your patronage.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Very clean hotel, furnishings were modern, breakfast was good, Internet access was good, right off the Interstate, helpful staff, decent AAA rate, great night's sleep, Cracker Barrel for dinner is right next door. I will gladly stay here again...

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, get a first floor room
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Olaf R, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Sleep Inn