“Great Place ”

My Thai
Ranked #81 of 570 Restaurants in Amarillo
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Nice and delicious place to go for lunch. The portions are perfectly sized if not a little big but the food is quality and most dishes authentic.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 11, 2018

We arrived for lunch at approximately 1::30 on a Friday, and chose the 2 entree lunch specials. Our plates included sweet and sour chicken, pepper steak, deep-fried garlic pork chop, and deep-fried garlic chicken. The pork chop was tender and tasty, while the chicken was tough with an odd flavor. The sweet and sour chicken was okay, but the pepper steak was tough and vegetables barely cooked. A very disappointing experience, and will not return.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018

First time dining here. Free parking in lot; this is in a strip mall near highway 40. Party of 4, one is a vegan. Menus were kind of sticky and not clean. Surprisingly few vegetarian/vegan options on menu for a Thai place. No vegetarian spring rolls, which is unusual. Pad thai was very average tasting, and too oily. As it cooled, the oiliness got worse. Curries were okay, nothing unusual or gourmet. Few fresh-looking veggies. I think this place is pretty good for Amarillo, but in a larger market, it would not make it. Not likely to return.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

We started the meal with chicken satay and a bowl of chicken coconut soup for the table. Both were prepared well and very flavorful. The main courses were a bit of an issue; however, as the pad Thai was very oily and lackluster, and the red chicken curry was so mild as to be slightly reddened coconut broth. The pineapple shrimp in red curry was stronger at our table. The seafood pad Ci U (their spelling) was pretty good, but the Thai ice teas were so sweet as to be a bit much to handle. Not the greatest tasting Thai we have ever had. That said, the service was excellent, being fast, courteous, and attentive.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

To me, My Thai is one of the best Thai food places in town. The portion sizes are of good amount and the price is fair. The service is fast. Their egg rolls and crab Rangoon are delicious and I like their orange chicken.

Date of visit: December 2017