“It wasn't as bad as it first looked. But still bad.”

Fifth Season Inn & Suites
Ranked #55 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Melvindale, Michigan
“It wasn't as bad as it first looked. But still bad.”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Let me start by saying that my boyfriend and I were moving across country from Michigan to California. So I had A LOT of stuff in my car as well as a roof top carrier. I told the front desk person that so he put me faaaaaaar away from anyone else, where I was the only car in the parking lot. Directly with the people that live there full-time. Screaming kids, crying kids, people fighting in Spanish. The outside of the hotel looks great and the lobby looks gorgeous. DO NOT BE DECEIVED. The hallway to the rooms has a drop ceiling....that is falling out in places. It stinks like a sewer inside the rooms. There was some kind of bug in our room, I killed it too fast to investigate. No bed bugs, but I sprayed the bed just in case. The room carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in months, there were GANG SIGNS written in permanent marker on the headboard, you could tell the door (to the outside) had been busted in and the lock replaced, and the neighbors' door had some conspicuous looking circular holes in it. When we finally turned off the light to go to sleep, we saw that someone put glow in the dark paint on the ceiling. Didn't wake up to any bugs, and my car was fine, but it was still a nasty room. Save your money and go somewhere else!

Room Tip: Pets allowed with a $15 charge per animal, per night.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Ok guys so you know my reviews have been the most honest. Well this place is a complete mess. Never in my life I got a room Without a toilet seat. Never in my life I heard the hotel desk say " were working on that" at least 10 times. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Next to a pizza hut and a plaza with a good Thai restaurant. There are 13 hotels near this one. Choose one other than this..

• Stayed February 2012

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Ghetto. Maybe was really nice 20 years ago. When you see weekly rates.. stay clear. All rooms face inside, right towards the pool and jacuzzi. Kids in there all night. Kept begging the front desk to clear then out.... He did but 15 minutes later they are back in. Cracked sinks, wood rot door frames, almost no working vending or ice machines. Gross!

• Stayed March 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Really liked the set up , large center where rooms doors faced inside. Large courtyard where breakfast is served, indoor pool & jacuzzi. Super slow internet !! Had to wait 1 minute for every 5 seconds of video to play !! Could not do what i intended to on way to seminar .. very disappointing. Asked staff, said they would reboot. Made no difference.

Rooms were ok, liked how they had large windows with curtains where you could look out or have your privacy. we were on 1st floor. Would not accept coupon price & upcharged $20 !! Very dishonest !! Other than internet & upcharge I liked the actual hotel ... if you care not about these things then it is ok for the money

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Well as we first came in, which entrance doors aren't locked, noticed how the hallways looked dingy and the carpet was in need of repair(dirty too). Settling into our room, noticing the matters was stained and pillows were dingy. I accepted it though and me and my boyfriend went to bed. Woke up in the morning to him complaining about a bug. I didn't think too much about it at first because I was under the impression that you can't see bed bugs. As I layer there and thought about it, it could have been lice. So I went and found him and we discussed what kind of bug it could have been. Needless to say, looked it up online and that's what he had found was bed bugs. After discovering that's what it was, we searched the bed and found two small ones and a bigger one. Reported it to front desk and got refunded for the stay. Money back or not, I will never stay there again. Also my boyfriend asked the front desk that if they were going to get the health department there and he replied with they were already suppose to be coming. Nasty nasty nasty! That place shouldn't be allowed to open back up until they have all new beds and remodeled!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank toni_young24
Colorado
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We chose this hotel specifically because of the indoor pool and hottub. We never got in because kids were everywhere with very little supervision. The sheets had a stain and the pillows were dinky. In the middle of the night, we awoke to a car alarm constantly going off. Apparently it was broken in to. The cop kept opening the door before the owner was notified. Had the hotel taken license plate #'s, we might have gotten back to sleep. Our biggest issue was that the manager didn't have time to speak with us nor call back after we had to get back on the road. Poor customer service.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank jamlmcclung
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Stopped here on our way to the grand canyon. Really not bad for the price. Rooms were clean, except the bathroom probably needed a little upkeep. Good for a late night stop and early morning. Breakfast was decent for a quick bite before heading on the road.

• Stayed December 2011