“Average hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Wooster, Ohio
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Nothing real good or bad to write about this hotel. Did have a pretty good breakfast. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
AMARILLO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

My wife and i stayed here for 4 nights bevause of a massive winter storm closed all the roads around amarillo. The hotel itself is owned by the same group that owns the Baymont Inn in Amarillo as well. The hotel is kind of in a bad spot. You have to get off the interstate and do a u-turn before finally getting to it. We checked in around 7pm that evening. The front desk was run by a woman who appeared highschoolish in age and her boyfriend who was playing on the computer for guests. The room itself is a old and outdated. You see cracks everywhere, outdated (sometimes nasty) furniture, and other problems. The bed was a mice king size. Mattress was comfortable and blankets/sheets were clean. They do have breakfast in the mornings which consist of biscuits, waffles, eggs and cereal. Overall if your just looking for a decently priced hotel to stay at for a night this place isnt that bad for the money.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank volunteer911
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

The hotel booked our room not at the time of arrival - knowing the hot water wasn't working. Only when we complained did they offer a 20% discount. That on the top of the bathtub not draining the COLD water and the TV remote not working made this stay terrible. If those things don't bother you - then this is the hotel for you.....

Room Tip: This hotel booked our reservation KNOWING THEY DID NOT HAVE HOT WATER - only when we complained did...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

front desk clerk not too friendly, got a ground floor room as requested, but NO Hot Water at all, was not able to take a shower or bath, very disapointed for this type of hotel.

Room Tip: trucks park on left side of building making pulling in and out of a parking spot very tough
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Faces I40. Had room at back so it wasnt too noisy. Ideal as an overnight stopover but nothing more. Breakfast fine, pool pleasant, room okay (no fridge) if in need of good springclean-could smell stale cigarette smoke.

• Stayed July 2011
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Upon check in, I asked specifically told the gal I wanted to be parekd near office, as last time someone tried to scam me in parking lot. She said " oh , we have you over behind the building,lots of people there, no worries. Good neighborhood."
Well, thank goodness for my German Shepard dog, as this time another man in the morning approached me and tried to bumrush me , my passenger was open, or he would have reached me. I yell " NO!" My German Shepard dog was in room, and barked and the man ran. Went to office, lame response from them, no refund, no discount, no nothing! I was so pissed I took my dog,, loaded up and left! This place sucks, and I am a Choice Hotels member..so never, ever again will I stay in any CHOICR HOTEL!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, ever.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

This will be one of my less detailed reviews because of the time that has passed... but I came through about 1 year ago (August 2010) on my way to Philmont Scout ranch traveling solo. I picked the Quality Inn because it had one of the most competitive prices in town and i just needed somewhere to lay down for the night. I still remember being discouraged at the stains on the carpet, the smell of the room, the smell of the comforter, and generally the perceived poor upkeep of the property over time. I remember I actually took the comforter off the bed and brought my sleeping bag in to use as a cover. During breakfast, I remember it was very crowded and I had to wait to get a table- and I was by myself. Well, I'm on my way back through Amarillo on a family trip this time but going to skip the quality inn this time. I'll put it this way for clarity... I have enough points through Choice Hotels that I could stay at this hotel for free and I still won't stay here with my family if that puts it in perspective.

Oh- to find some positive things, the A/C in the room blew cold and was noisy enough it covered up any incidental noise that may have been happening around the room, and the sheets themselves were clean- so I slept good which is why I didn't give it one star.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo