“Water Logged”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Angleton
Reviewed 20 February 2016

I was asked to stay here so I could be close to home. They made a difficult situation easy. The staff was very friendly and they made me feel as if l was home. If l have to do it again l will and if know any one coming to town, l will recommend this location.

Room Tip: Had the north corner room at bottom by back door, very quiet even though lots of traffic
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

Spent one night. Very nice room, helpful staff (recommended Giovanni's for dinner which turned out to be great, but really large servings!). Breakfast varied, staff friendly. I work stay here again. On edge of town, good soundproofing; heard neither road noise nor other visitors.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2016

We reserved a King suite and seriously I could have lived there for a month. The suites are HUGE and there was plenty of room for myself my two adult sons and my mother. Manager Cedric even had an extra cot in the room when we arrived as requested!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2015

I chose to stay at this hotel because it offered "Very Fast Wifi". The first night I was there the wifi only worked in parts of the room. I complained and was told they would work on it but it never improved. That morning I first used the shower only to find out the water pressure was so low I could not engage the shower function and had to take a wash cloth bath and was 10 min late for my meeting. Second night they moved me to a new room. Much better water pressure. Slightly better wifi signal but this night it kept dropping me from the network. Plus the shower head hole was cut in a crazy way and so adjusting it meant almost pulling it out of the wall. Breakfast was sub par for the similar style hotels I have stayed in on my travels.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ6184GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Mr. Jeffrey,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry the Wi-Fi signal was not strong enough for you during your stay. We finished our Internet upgrade and cut-over to AT&T and added more access points on the property to increase the needed speed for business travelers such as you and for the families who are passing through. Unfortunately, it came after your last stay with us. However, when you return, you should see faster access and a stronger signal.
We are looking into why that room has pressure problems.
Good news on the breakfast! We have added sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, and bananas to our breakfast. We apologize it took us longer than expected to add those items.
If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me at 979-864-3383.
We hope to see you again soon.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Cedric

Reviewed 24 October 2015

This place is a refreshing spot in the midst of a lot of hustle in construction areas. It is clean, the staff is welcoming and helpful, and they have added a hot breakfast (which makes it a unique La Quinta). It is small, they remember repeat guests, and the rooms are above the norm for this brand.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Bud S
Reviewed 10 June 2015

Check in was quick and room seemed clean, but bathroom did have signs of mold caulked/painted over. The room smelled strong of damp mildew. Being fully booked we couldn't move to another room, but the front desk was accommodating in letting us leave an air evacuation machine four a few hours. That and leaving the bathroom exhaust on did help a slight bit, but our kids with bad allergies were already starting to get runny noses and red eyes just from a few hrs. Since we couldn't move, I went to the local Wal-Mart bought a small room HEPA filter and let than run continuous in the room for the whole weekend stay. You could tell after a few hours the HEPA filter was really clearing the room and we had no allergy issues in the AM. Basically, if we can we'll probably take the little desktop filter for any hotel stays. Back to the hotel, halls and general areas seemed clean and ice/vending is available on each floor. Close by is a Bucees for you late night cravings or morning cup of coffee. Each room having a firdge and microwave was nice to allow us to us/buy our own food. The hotel did have a breakfast available, but not meats and only boiled eggs if you are paleo or low carb. Pool needs more renovating as there is mold and dark spots in a large number of places. The Jacuzzi also was not functioning and didnt seem to get any warmer than the full pool. Overall, an ok stay, but we will probably be trying somewhere else next time or even camp in a park.

Room Tip: Stay away from room ending in 15 as its next to the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank jostle
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

Miss Linda was real helpful getting myself and the 5 knuckleheads I work with checked into our rooms & got me pointed in the right direction for a great dinner at Smithearts! I'd recommend this place to anybody in town.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank roy b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angleton
16.2 km away
3.7 km away
Scottish Inns and Suites Angleton
17.6 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Angleton? Share your experiences!