“Never again.”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Aransas Pass
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

First the clerk stated unclear the price on the room, second the phone in the room didn't work, the desk chair was broken. The final straw was to go in to the restroom in the middle of the night and have to share with a BIG Flying cockroach. NEVER AGAIN....As far as "The free continental breakfast " that's a massive freaking joke that consisted of stale donuts warm milk cold coffee and 1 box of cereal. I promise no matter how desperate we are for a room we will definitely not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Can't give a good review, nor a bad one. If you just want a place to sleep, this place will work for you; if you want a decent breakfast, go somewhere else.

Pro's - The staff are friendly, the beds are comfy, the pool was clean & refreshing and the double rooms was laid out perfectly.

Con's - The Continental breakfast left a lot to be desired, I don't think the pastries were fresh; the place could use a bit of TLC & maintenance - the chairs were stained and the plaster above the shower was missing.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna E
Reviewed 4 December 2014 via mobile

Staff was really friendly our room was clean which is all I ask for when paying what we paid. Booked this hotel because it's so close to my fishing spot but overall a decent stay. I would consider staying again. Just don't expect a 5 star service which alot of people complain when staying at a rink a dink hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jesse C
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Oh my goodness I wish I could give negative stars!!! We were staying across the street (microtel) and we decided to stay an extra night but couldn't stay where we were because we hadn't pre-reserved it. We rented this room and the a/c was broken and had a opening from outside to inside allowing bugs in. The carpets were disgusting and dirty. There were dead beatles EVERYWHERE. The comforters were stained and the furniture was likewise dirty, stained and in disrepair. Someone had taken whiteout and put phone numbers all over the bed frames and night stands. The continental breakfast was a box of donuts free fly included, juice and cereal with questionable milk. Not worth the money we saved, do not go here!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Christina P
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Made reservation for "king bed suite." Arrived and checked in and then went to our "non smoking" room. We found the air in the room smelled heavily of stale cigarette smoke. Went back to desk and was given keycard for double bed "non smoking" room. The spackle off the bathroom ceiling was falling off and covered the bathroom sink, floor, toilet, and tub. Room also smelled stale. It was 2:30 in the afternoon and we observed that the breakfast room near the front dest was dirty and not cleaned up from that mornings "Continental breakfast." My wife commented "I will not even think about eating here!" We went to the desk and demanded a refund and went across the street to the Microtel and got a great room for $4.10 more! Do not stay here!!!

Room Tip: Go across the street to Microtel!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Glenn H
Reviewed 5 January 2014

my husband, myself, and my two boys stayed here for the weekend and we loved it. front desk, customer service, and housekeeping were so hospitable and nice, and the room was much more than we expected for the price we paid! we will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brandi m
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is probably the worst place I have ever stayed, and I have been in some dumps. The rooms were severely outdated and filthy. The cleaning crew needs to be trained on how to clean properly. My opinion is to totally renovate this place or tear it down.

• Stayed: September 2012