New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Aransas Pass
Arlington, Texas
“Not Great but Not Bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

This hotel was okay. The bed was comfy and the breakfast was acceptable. The hotel is in need of an update and a deep cleaning. Also despite being non-smoking, we smelled smoke on our floor several times.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Hotel is older & really is in need of some rennovations. I really like the room size & the bed was very comfortable. The room was realtively clean and the kitchnette is very handy to have. The staff was very courteous. We stayed here last year & I have to say that I thought that the hotel had gone down hill since the . I like the location with the proximity to Port A, Corpus & Rockport. The breakfast was part of the reason we decided to go back. The waffles were decent but the rest was absolutely terrible. There was a terrible smell in the hallways & there are no smoking signs everywhere put parts of the hall smelled of smoke. Again for $85 bucks compared to what everyone else charges, I honestly can't complain. Howvever next year I might try somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2011
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

As we were packing we found 2 small dead rats behind the t.v. stand!!! I should have taken a picture!!! No wonder the room smelled so bad! Yuck!

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Galaxy22
satish101, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
I would like to start off by apologizing for nay of the inconveniences that you have encountered during your last stay with us. I would also like to thank you for notifying us that helps us be become aware to things that ned to be corrected.
I like to tell you I call " TERMINIX" pest control company and they did take care.
Again I am so sorry and hope you will given us the opportunity to serve you.

Travellers are raving about these Aransas Pass hotels

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I'm sorry, but this place was very dirty and there was MOLD in our AC.
The pool had a dead frog floating in it and needed some serious cleaning.
The wallpaper in the kitchen area was falling off the wall near the waffle iron, I think it was due to steam.

My husband booked this place for us to stay in for our trip to the Coast. We should have looked at the reviews for this place before booking. If you're able to afford, stay on the "PortA"(Port Aransas) side. We will definitely stay on that side next time.

Room Tip: Stay on the Port Aransas side..
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank EnesAmerica
Dear Guest
I am so sorry for the problems you had during you stay. I would also like to thanks you for notifying us. I call the carpet cleaning company and taking care this problem.
Again I am sorry and hope you will given us the opportunity to serve you.
Wimberley, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

Despite previous bad reviews, there were no bugs! Average size room with kitchenette - good price (20% discount during June). Needs some updating, couch arm was ripped and chairs were stained. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows and a nice comforter. However the tub/shower was very small. Basic hot breakfast with limited variety - generic cereal, only scrambled eggs and sausage on the steam table, bread for toast and plain bagels. Nice pool and large hot tub - both clean. HEB practically next door. Convenient to Port Aransas and Corpus Christi.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SAHohmann
laredo TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

This place was good place, I noticed there’s allot of bad reviews on this hotel, but there has been some improvements but still it's an older hotel. If you are looking for a good place that's not going to break the bank this place is your place. The pool was good and clean, the location was great, and the room was clean. The staff was not the friendliest I have seen; but you can tell that they guy in the front desk works 16 hours shift and they need him because of the dedication… It’s a hotel just to stay last minute... that's all I have to say...

Room Tip: ask for the pelcan nest suit..
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

This hotel has not been updated since the 70's - stay away.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Directorofsales68, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass, responded to this review, 15 September 2010
I'm very sorry for your experience with our hotel this hotel was constructed in 2000 and I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aransas Pass
11.7 km away
Island Hotel Port Aransas
Island Hotel Port Aransas
#3 of 19 in Port Aransas

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Aransas Pass? Share your experiences!