New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #40 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Arlington, TX
“In TX for a visit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2008

I was in town to visit my boyfriend (now husband). Due to my lack of income, I chose this place because of the full kitchen and such for my few days i would be in town. It was bad. My boyfriend and I stayed there together. The staff was not very helpful, the room was not as clean as it could be and to make matters the worst, there was a used condom on the floor. When I went to the front desk to complain, I was told that they were full and I could not be moved. They could not do anything regarding the price of my room either. I finished my stay since it was a weekend that no rooms were available elsewhere, but vowed to NEVER stay there again. It was horrible and unsanitary. They NEVER did clean up what I reported.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — They were unhelpful and dirty
  • Stayed June 2003, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2008

We had stayed here before a few years ago and it was fine, but this time around the place was really smoky and mildew fills the air. We were given a room on the 3rd floor but once we stepped off the elevator knew that we couldn't stay there. We called downstairs and lugged all of our stuff back down there to be assigned another room on the third floor which we refused. Then we were given a 1st floor room that reeked with mildew. Since it was 2am we toughed it out but it was nearly unbearable. As soon as I awoke I immediately went down the street to Mariott's Staybridge Suites on Lamar where they had a room we could check into immediately. Don't waste your time stopping at this one. Really bad. And I'm a smoker.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The Smell
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Arlington hotels

White Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2008

Got this property for a $25 bid on priceline (total was about $35), so i really cannot complain -- the room was pretty clean even though the hallway and room to some degree smelled like industrial cleaner combined with must.

The room was quite spacious - the bed was comfy although the mattress squeaks a lot getting in and out and moving around in bed. The furniture in the room is in need of replacing but the office chairs were comfy and the wireless internet (not free but they comped it for us) was really fast. We did not check out the pool. Its in walking distance to a couple restaurants and not that far of a walk (around 15 min) to the Rangers ballpark and Six Flags. Considering you have to pay $10-$15 to park at one of these places, you can leave your car at this hotel for free and considering that i was pretty satisfied staying here.

Stayed August 2008
Rosebud, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

I like to stay in the Marriott chain to earn points...My very good friend turned me on to this place about a month ago and we've already book for this upcoming Labor Day Weekend! We are going to stay in one of the 2 Bedroom Suites...it's SO big...it's a steal for the cost per night!
Tasha works the front desk and she is awesome! When I called to set up our 2nd stay, TASHA REMEMBER ME! That really says something!

I will say this...anytime we go to 6Flags/Hurricane Harbor, or Arlington for that matter---StudioPlus is the place for us!!!

• Liked — Tasha
  • Disliked — Strange odor in hallway
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2008

I stayed at this hotel for three days. When I walked into my room, I threw my stuff down and looked around to make sure everything was ok. The bed was properly made. That was about it.

There were dirty dishes in the sink. And I'm talking about a greasy pan with other dishes on top of it. The coffeemaker was full of coffee. There were no fresh towels, and none of the usual expected amenities. No bars of soap, no shampoo, no coffee filters, no sweet'n'lo, and best of all....... no toilet paper. It looked like the previous guests had cleaned the place out and housekeeping got distracted mid-clean.

I called the front desk and asked them to to fix my room. An hour later still nothing. I called again and got a busy signal so I went down and explained the situation. An hour later nothing. Finally after three hours a staff-member came by with towels. And I asked him about the dirty dishes, and other stuff. He looked at me blankly and walked into the room. His exact words "I'm shocked that they would give you this room in such condition." He tried to clean the room up as best as he could and had housekeeping come in the next day.

The room was a good size and had everything I needed, but the experience of the dirty dishes and dirty room had me grossed out. I wound up driving 40miles every day just to take a decent shower.

The location is pretty decent, but there are enough other hotels in the area that you shouldn't have to choose this place.

This hotel DOES NOT offer housekeeping services every day unless you pay extra. Even motel 6 will make the bed and give fresh towels. Not to mention check to make sure that the room is actually clean.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Powderly, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2008

We travel all over the world. We have stayed in the best and some of the worst. We would highly recommend this place to the family looking to get a great value for the price. Staff friendly and helpful. Very clean and excellent location and security .

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

we stayed in room 109 which was directly in front of the pool. So we could not open our curtains from early morning till about 2 am. the pool closed at 10 but it seems no one on staff or occupants cared about that! The one person we saw on staff when checking in was very plesent, Tasha was her name! she would do anything you asked and always did it with a smile! the first night was horriable the people staying in 209 above us did not settle down until 3am and the smokers next to us was killing our allergies which was already bad due to the mold inside our room. we had a smoke free room but the room next to us was a smokers room! my husband goes to the bathroom about 4am only to be greated by a texas sized (everything is bigger in texas....and they were right) roach in the sink! the next day we vowed only to come to the hotel after spending majority of our day out at hurricane harbor and everywhere else but there! well after the spiders we found in the corner near the air conditioner....i have this to say as advice....take bug spray and foam cleaner if you want to imagine you are staying in a motel! it was close to all the attractions but i think you get what you pay for!

• Liked — Near main attractions and shopping
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)